Saturday in the Dells - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 10:27 AM

Saturday in the Dells

Is anyone familiar enough with the area to plan a late afternoon ride for Saturday? I know most of us are riding in on sat and some may not want to get back on the bike but I for one would like to take a ride around the area. A lazy "tour" of some of the less traveled areas would be cool before dinner and maybe a beverage or two (dozen). As far as plans, I am leaving Milwaukee at noon with 3 other bikes right now and meeting Skinny at RT 151 and 94 on the NE side Madison between 1:15 and 1:30. Anyone who want to tag along or meet along the way are welcome. Also for the purposes of getting everyone together in the Dells... you can reach me on my cell (414)469-0962. This is going to ROCK !!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 11:21 AM

Ride

I know a little to get us lost and back to the motel..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 05:07 PM

Sat. Ride. Short Trip, Some Twisties

WI & Skinny

For a nice trip, go south on 78 to Merrimac or Sauk City. You can come back on the same side of the Wis River or go over to the other side at Sauk (don't know if the Merrimac ferry is running anymore) If you come back on 78 be sure to take County Hy U back to the Dells. This is a nice reasonably short trip.
I wish I could join you you all, but am leaving Sat Morning for Deals Gap, NC on my X for 8 days. I'll tell you all about it when I get back (approx. 3500 mi.)

Mike at Bopp's

Skinny,
I ride near Galena about 3 times a month & know quite a few good roads, so keep me abreast (abreast?) of the July Meeting.

'06 Black Goldwing Comfort/Audio
'02 red 1800C, custom paint, TMSTM (too much stuff to mention)
'99 Valkyrie Interstate, Red/Black, lotsa Chrome

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 09:13 PM

Re: Sat. Ride. Short Trip, Some Twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boppsalot
WI & Skinny

For a nice trip, go south on 78 to Merrimac or Sauk City. You can come back on the same side of the Wis River or go over to the other side at Sauk (don't know if the Merrimac ferry is running anymore) If you come back on 78 be sure to take County Hy U back to the Dells. This is a nice reasonably short trip.
I wish I could join you you all, but am leaving Sat Morning for Deals Gap, NC on my X for 8 days. I'll tell you all about it when I get back (approx. 3500 mi.)

Mike at Bopp's

Skinny,
I ride near Galena about 3 times a month & know quite a few good roads, so keep me abreast (abreast?) of the July Meeting.
Mike you hurt me , 8 day on a VTX :P have a great time, need to see lots of pics, Ride safe, hope to see you in Galena, I have heard it is a nice ride.
Skinny
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 10:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to rzieroth
Route Maps

Here are a few routes I put together for a ride in June. A&B are almost identical except for the first 10 miles or so. A& B are about 100 miles(2.5-3hours), however you could take a short cut through Devil's Lake State Park(This is a beatiful road, you don't have to pay anything unless you stop and park at the beach) and cut off about 30 miles. I would do B out of these two.

Route C is about 160 miles and your probably looking at 4-5 hours.

http://webpages.charter.net/rzieroth/Tr ... ip%20A.htm

http://webpages.charter.net/rzieroth/Tr ... ip%20B.htm

http://webpages.charter.net/rzieroth/Tr ... ip%20C.htm

Bob Z
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 10:37 AM

Looks to me like they should take 15 mins to a half hour on the X..... If time allows, 'B' does look like a nice ride.

He!!, we may do that before everyone else shows up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 10:56 AM

B looks like a good ride to me. Looks like we found a tour guide
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 03:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to rzieroth
I just got reminded that our Abate chapter has a Poker run on Saturday, so i don't know what time I will make it to the Dells.

Hopefully the run won't go too long.

Bob

Bob Z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page