ACE Powersports - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHROME DIVA View Post
The only Honda dealer in Racine was Racine Motor Sports (my former employer). The business was in Racine for about 6 yrs under the current owner after he bought out the old Hansen Motorsports. It may have seemed like less than that because the owner finally agreed to up the local advertising around 3-4 yrs ago. We still had people telling us six months ago that they never realized we were there. We closed for good about six weeks ago.

Sorry to hear that, looks like things would've picked up some with ACE going under. I didn't realize RMS had been there so long either, haven't heard the Hansen name in ages! I live way on the south side of Kenosha so running up to Oak Creek doesn't appeal to me much. I'll probably just go web shopp'n now and use RedLine Powersports (old ACE location) if there's any wrenching I don't have time for. I had them do the carbs on my old CBR1000 and they did a good job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 06:13 PM

I checked the web site yesterday, no word on them closing.

Some good deals on left over VTX's listed.
Without trying to sound crass, I wonder if theres going to be a going out of business sale?

What part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand?
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
I checked the web site yesterday, no word on them closing.

Some good deals on left over VTX's listed.
Without trying to sound crass, I wonder if theres going to be a going out of business sale?
I'm guessing not but I'll be glad to watch & post. They had a bucket truck pulling off the giant Honda, Victory,Suzuki, & Kawasaki signs off the building last week the day they locked up (26th?) and all that's visible inside the showroom right now is a few scooters. The bldg. is an ex car dealership and its 2x bigger than most bike dealerships, tons of room in the back for inventory to be parked out of sight. If the same folks own it as a while back, they had at least 2 other dealerships so I'm guessing they'll just ship all inventory to their other stores.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 AM

Too bad. I bought my X there 5 years ago, loved the salesman I bought it from. The finance guy was pretty cool to me and helped me get a better rate after Honda charged me rediculous interest. I didn't go there anymore once I found out about RPS, and it was way to far to go. Yes, that cash back thing stung me too. I was expecting a 3 grand payback a year ago, sent my stuff in and all that hoping to get it as promised. My bike would have been paid off right then. As ACE stated, it was crap but some people actually got their money. Luckily I paid the same for the actual bike that I would have paid at Cedar Creek or Sportland so I didn't actually lose anything.

Man, can a Harley dealership service our X? They are the only bike dealers left around you guys. I still have Sprotland or Roy's by me in Milwaukee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2003 Retro 1800 Blurple Throbber
Ironbutt Rider, DRAGON-tamer
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM

I havent taken my bike to the dealership for anything, yet. I do have some clattering going on in my engine. I suspect I may have a timing chain problem. I will see if its something I can tackle myself or if I have to let them do it.

The only reason I would take to the stealer is if its too much for me to do, or if it was still under warranty.

What part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand?
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:46 PM

Check out Redline in Kenosha for work also. OR give Mark1bx a PM and see if he's available. That's where I'll have to go for tire exchange. Their prices may go up now that the dealers are out of buss.
Use to be $25.00 to switch out tires, even if you bought them from him.
OR how about the guy you brought your tires to in Kenosha Trav?

B.F.L............W.I.V.O.
Getting old is not for sissy's

PLEASE DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Taffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetalman View Post
loved the salesman I bought it from.
HA- I knew it!!

Quote:
Man, can a Harley dealership service our X?
NO- They don't have any metric wrenches!

Quote:
They are the only bike dealers left around you guys. I still have Sprotland or Roy's by me in Milwaukee.
Uhm...how about Southeast Sales? Dan, the mechanic, is very competent and a good guy. And I think that's a lot closer than Sprotland (2).

2005 VTX1800F Black Spec 2, Toyo Proxes T1R 215, HK Sideburners, PCIII (dyno by Acrotech), Stebel, K&N Air Filter, Brown County Air Cover, Vista Cruise, Magellan 2200T GPS, Mustang Seat/Backrest, 1300 Final
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoken'JOE View Post
Check out Redline in Kenosha for work also. OR give Mark1bx a PM and see if he's available. That's where I'll have to go for tire exchange. Their prices may go up now that the dealers are out of buss.
Use to be $25.00 to switch out tires, even if you bought them from him.
OR how about the guy you brought your tires to in Kenosha Trav?
Mark does good work.....
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:02 PM

For those Kenosha folks, or anyone in southeastern WI, check out Nielsen Enterprises in Lake Villa, IL. We went for a ride there one Saturday and it wasn't that far from Racine - and because it's not in Wisconsin, they are open on Sunday! We talked a little with the guys in parts and with one of the salespersons and they seem like nice people.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Patti
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:09 AM

+1 on Nielsen. They're the best !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2007 Franken C/F , Power Commander, V&H Big Shots with quiet baffles ...in both of the fastest colors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page