Changing brake pads and bleeding system - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Changing brake pads and bleeding system

anybody in the area have experience with changing the brake pads, and bleeding the linked system? I hear it can be tricky and have never done it on my X. I need to change brake fluid, clutch fluid and do pads all around. I have all the parts and fluid. Here its a pain though. I would like to do it myself, but here its better to just take it in. Any help would be appreciated. Would like to maybe see If someone out there could help a brother out I would Ideally like to do all the work on my bike myself. I dont really trust the techs at the local shops. Or if I have to take it in, where would yall recommend taking it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM

Easy to do pads only take about 1 minute per set, changing fluids is another story but can be done quickly and reliably with an auto brake bleader, I have a" mity vac "and it makes the job so quick and easy, very good investment as you can also do your autos. I would be glad to help if you want to come down to Kenosha.
Mike
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM

I see a possible tech session in Kenosha! If so count me in to help/watch

220mm Tire Polished and Blacked out engine CP Punisher internally wired bars / Avon grips Accutronix forward controls Metric bagger rear section Long Boy front fender Arnott air ride Stretched seamless tank / Matt Hotch pop up gas cap/ FSD exhaust/ Thunder Manufacturing intake Sterling Magnum chromite cables and brake lines My Build Page: https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...-s-1300C-build https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?341134-Bags

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Greedy, thank you so much for the offer to help, I think I will take you up on it! I would love to learn how to do this myself for the future. 1badta, if ok with Greedy we should have a little tech session! I think it would be fun. Can I get your guy's numbers? pm me! we can set something up!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 PM

Just did mine, helps being a mechanic Lemme know if you need a professional...LOL

"Dogs arent our whole lives, they make our lives whole"
Burgandy 2006 VTX 1300 C
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman View Post
Just did mine, helps being a mechanic Lemme know if you need a professional...LOL
Spyder your a lot closer to me than kenosha, I would love to have some help. No offense Greedy!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 01:11 PM

Or a tech session in Waukesha...

220mm Tire Polished and Blacked out engine CP Punisher internally wired bars / Avon grips Accutronix forward controls Metric bagger rear section Long Boy front fender Arnott air ride Stretched seamless tank / Matt Hotch pop up gas cap/ FSD exhaust/ Thunder Manufacturing intake Sterling Magnum chromite cables and brake lines My Build Page: https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...-s-1300C-build https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?341134-Bags

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

tech session anywhere sounds great to me, spyder how long did it take you to do it all? 414 378 6753 call or text and maybe we can set a day up to do it? Thanks again for everyones generosity
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyRat View Post
Spyder your a lot closer to me than kenosha, I would love to have some help. No offense Greedy!
It's all good, my offer still stands, could make a day of it, fire up the grill and toss back a few cold ones.
Mike
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 PM

Greedy is a good guy, I remember you from the old days!! The grill and cold ones may be worth the drive, then you can brake the pads in on the way home

It took me less than an hour to put pads on front and rear, the bleeding may take about the same because you want to be careful with the fluid. When did you want to do it?? Is riding to Greedys some weekend out of the question??

For those of you going to the dells and want my cell just in case.................262 364-6846

"Dogs arent our whole lives, they make our lives whole"
Burgandy 2006 VTX 1300 C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page