2014 Spring Dell Ride - Page 3 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 10:57 PM

Hello

hey everyone, we live west of the Dells and are looking to meet up with other riders. Where can I get details about the ride?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1248.jpg (87.4 KB, 10 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 08:08 AM

Smile Spring Dells Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdpete View Post
hey everyone, we live west of the Dells and are looking to meet up with other riders. Where can I get details about the ride?
Send Chrome Diva a PM (personal message) for details
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Thanks

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdpete View Post
The Dells Ride is more of a weekend away than a specific ride. We have riders coming from Illinois and southeastern wisconsin. We usually converge at the TopHat motel in downtown Dells (Behind Nigs). It is a small mom and pop place we have been meeting at twice a year for at least 10 years now if not longer. They treat us like family and watch out for our bikes. Anyone and every brand of bike are welcome, although I am not sure it would be a wise place for children. Would love to meet up with you and any friends you may have in the area.

Friday is usually a slow trickle in of riders during the day with most arriving there by 3 o'clock after a day of riding north. We spend the evening catching up and meeting new friends. Dinner. walking to local bars or conversing in the parking lot of the motel. We choose not to drink and ride. Later in the night a few of the guys have been known to visit the local Gentlemens club.

Saturday is our day for a ride (weather permitting-riding in thunderstorms is just not fun) As far as routes go, that varies every year. We have done rides around wildcat mountain. we have ridden to devils lake and back. usually about a 2-3 hour tour. Last year seemed longer as we got stuck behind the parade for the classic car show. Most go to breakfast Saturday morning then meet at the motel for the midday ride. Saturday evening is more conversation, laughter and relaxation and maybe grilling in the parking lot again.

Sunday is the day for heading home. Some leave earlier and some wander the shops before leaving. Always bittersweet.

The Dells ride has always been about getting away from reality and responsibilities of home for a bit. Most of us have children, some have grandchildren but all of us know how to relax and have fun. We are a respectful group with a few rough edges. We have a minister, a lawyer, several police officers, Medical professionals, mechanics, bankers, IT people, property management, CNC machinists...a mix of everything. Some of the best people you will ever meet.

Not sure if that helps but look forward to meeting new friends.

Sheri
________
Well behaved women rarely make history........I intend to leave my mark.

BFL Family
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 03:43 AM

Can we get a shout out of who all is going to be able to make the ride? I have contacted George for a few rooms and have a call out to him for more. Just want to make sure we have everyone covered.

Confirmed So far:
David
Paco
Gersom
Javier and Iron Saints crew (Mike, Jack, Curt)
Ernie Q
Hector and Ginny and Guest
Sheri
Stan and Deb
Padre (friday-sat only)
Berto and Lisa (the newly engaged)
Chico and Carol
Steve
Jorge and Jessica

Maybe:
cdpete??
Ben?
John Lambert?
Reggie?
Travis and Jen?
Don and Sue - respectfully declined
JohnZ???(conflict with club ride?)

Did I miss anyone??????

Sheri
________

BFL Family
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=CHROME DIVA;4527746]Can we get a shout out of who all is going to be able to make the ride? I have contacted George for a few rooms and have a call out to him for more. Just want to make sure we have everyone covered.

Don and Sue?

Thanks for the invite, but the classic car traffic bums us out. We usually go to the Dells after the motel water parks open. Everyone have a great time at the Spring Dells Ride and watch out for the cagers. Kudos to Chrome Diva and the rest of the faithful crew who continue to make the ride a time-honored event.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 02:53 PM

Just got off the phone with George. He is aware that 10 rooms are already spoken for by us. (There are 20 rooms available in the whole place) He said that Papa is going to be running the place this year instead of the boys so that someone is there more often. Phone company is set to come and re-connect the phone lines mid next week. As he said before Papa is holding the whole place for us. George did say that parking lot grilling would be okay again if we decide to do that again. Seemed to work well.

With that being said.....19 days and counting....

Sheri
________

BFL Family
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 02:55 PM

To Don and Sue-

You are always welcome but I understand the traffic aspect.

Sheri
________

BFL Family
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 04:37 PM

Cant wait
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 11:10 AM

Is it May 16th yet? Has anyone on the "maybe" list Sheri sent out a week ago decided if they're going to join us or not?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page