2015 Spring Dells Ride May 15-16-17 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Cool 2015 Spring Dells Ride May 15-16-17

Okay folks, it is that time of year again. Time to think warmer thoughts of the Spring Dells ride. Third weekend in May (15-17). Automation is also going on in the Dells that weekend so there will be lots to see. Hopefully we will avoid the snow this year.

Hector is trying to reach Papa at Tophat to make sure he is ready for us and get the best number to call for reservations. It is still off-season so he may be harder to reach right now. I realize most of us are also on Facebook now, but I wanted to post this to make sure everyone knows in advance and can make plans for the time off.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
This is about as complicated as the weekend plans get:

Sheri
________
Well behaved women rarely make history........I intend to leave my mark.

BFL Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 01:31 PM

Awesome.. Can't wait for May to arrive.. I'll be there. Thanks for the post Sheri.

05' 1300VTX, 250/Rear, 21" Front, Air ride, & the list goes on......

David

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 02:05 PM

:b eer2::mcri der::coffe e1::sn ow1:

2005 VTX1300c

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 03:50 PM

Since the rooms at Top Hat seem to all be spoken for, does anyone remember of the hotel right next door - the one with the back of building that looks out over Top Hat's parking lot?

rock 'n roll_x

2004 VTX 1300C w/ V&H Bigshots, Glen's CPR, Paladin backrest and luggage rack, BadX seat mod, NC windshield and River Road Slant Saddlebags.[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Umm....we have one with your name on it. Unless you would rather stay at the Finch or one of the others on River Road.

I know Padre was only staying one night. If more show than planned, maybe double up on Friday and have the place to yourself Saturday?

Sheri
________
Well behaved women rarely make history........I intend to leave my mark.

BFL Family
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 10:30 AM

Oh, OK. Thanks, Sheri. Always good to stay right at the Top Hat with the whole crazy bunch. May 15 can't get here soon enough!

rock 'n roll_x

2004 VTX 1300C w/ V&H Bigshots, Glen's CPR, Paladin backrest and luggage rack, BadX seat mod, NC windshield and River Road Slant Saddlebags.[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 02:24 PM

Is it May 15th yet? Crap - 8 weeks to go

May be bringing some first timers to this spring's trip. A good friend named Kim who rides a badass customized Harley, her dad and aunt & uncle may be joining us. I have recommended they seek rooms at The Finch next door since the Top Hat is full.

Also, I'm really hoping John Lambert and Ben join us for the weekend too. I saw John and talked to him at the wake for his dad last week - a sad day to be sure but I told him he needed to get out and get with some friends that care about him, meaning our crazy group, and he said he would do what he could to try and make it.

Can't wait till 5/15! Really miss all of you!

rock 'n roll_x

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 02:33 PM

My friends that I'm hoping will join us on Dells weekend are having a hard time finding hotels with vacancy. Apparently, the Finch is already sold out. Anyone have any ideas for other cheap hotels I can recommend to them? I've already told them about the Colonial but am drawing a blank on names of other nearby hotels.

rock 'n roll_x

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 12:17 PM

My friends found rooms at All Star Value Inn for Dells weekend, so they're all set to join us. My friend Kim is the one with the customized badass Harley and her father, Randy, is the one that customized it. You should see the bikes this guy turns out. He's from Kenosha and has ridden a lot in the Dells area so he may have some suggestions for good roads to take for our Saturday ride. I haven't met Kim's aunt and uncle who are joining us also but if they're anything like Kim and Randy, I'm sure they'll fit right in with our crazy group.

rock 'n roll_x

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 01:08 AM

Hey everybody what'z goin on??? JohnZ in the house just checkin in. Unless anything comes up workwise, I'm gonna make a galant effort to join in the Spring Dells weekend festivities. I think Ben is possibly on board as well to partake. Wow, from what I read, is the TopHat & adjoining hotel next door BOTH booked full for the 15,16 & 17? Sheesh, now I'm on a quest to find lodging

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page