Ok- got some questions for you locals - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Ok- got some questions for you locals

I'm in Waterford, I'm not going all over the country to have little bits of work done. Figured I'd get some help from you guys.

At times I am in need of people who do:

1. Powdercoating of small parts
2. Tig Welding on small parts- (someone who can get it done- there are plenty of guys who say they will, then it still aint weeks later)
3. Chroming of small parts (same deal as #2) (including aluminum)
4. A guy who can do small parts in aluminum plate via drawings, diagrams.

Anyone out there have a guys they use who they could recommend?

Thanks! See ya on the 17th.
(man I hope I can get my bike back together by then, lol)

Riley

Riley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 11:22 AM

Well I have no direct experience with either of these but have heard good things from some Harley riders that for stuff like this a good source is either Hal's Harley or Milwaukee Bike Works. If they don't (won't) do it they must know of someone who will.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 12:08 PM

Well, if you travel a little bit south into IL, I have a friend that has a small shop that he is just starting up. I know he can do the welding and the powdercoating. He also has a Bridgeport and can produce custom one off pieces. He is located in Cary, IL which is about 45 minutes south of the border if you cross on 12.

His Email is [email protected] tell him Jim sent you.

[SIGPIC]https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324&dateline=12263298 49[/SIGPIC]

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto
Well, if you travel a little bit south into IL, I have a friend that has a small shop that he is just starting up. I know he can do the welding and the powdercoating. He also has a Bridgeport and can produce custom one off pieces. He is located in Cary, IL which is about 45 minutes south of the border if you cross on 12.

His Email is [email protected] tell him Jim sent you.
Thanks Bluto. Aint that far from me, really. I work out of Lake Geneva, so it's just a short run.

And thanks WI VTXer. From what I've experienced from Hals is WAY big price, way slow, and you have to deal with the "you're not riding a harley" thing.

MBW is good- my neighbor went to high school with the owner. Cuz I'm not makin 200 pieces at a crack, I obviously get low priority, and they try to stay pretty busy with customer bikes, not makin pennies off customer pieces. Understandable, but kinda sucks.

Riley

Riley
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 12:56 PM
BBA

Riley-

there is a place downtown Milwaukee that does Chroming, I'll have to see if I can find the info again. I've never had any dealings w/ them but at least it's another place to talk to .

BBA
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA
Riley-

there is a place downtown Milwaukee that does Chroming, I'll have to see if I can find the info again. I've never had any dealings w/ them but at least it's another place to talk to .

BBA
Yep- probably Badger metals. I was looking for place last year to do my first design of forward controls, and they are the only ones I found- unfortunately it was about impossible to ever talk to anyone about doing them. Either closed or too busy to answer the phone.

Thanks. If you come up with a different name, leeme know.

Riley

Riley
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 05:35 PM

Give my freind Greg Olson in Mskego a call,day 414-422-9130 That is his Lawn Mower repair shop. He rebuilds formula 500 race cars he might have some conections, he also worked at badger patterns.
Skinny
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

I will

I know the place you're talking about. Over there between the dry-cleaners and pizza hut. Thanks Skinny

Riley

Riley
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 02:59 PM

Riley, maybe you could stop by Rivco and see if they would include your stuff with their next batch of items sent out for chroming. At least that might get the cost down a little as it's usually done by surface area and minimums. Talk to Rich, drop a name or two , all they can do is say no.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

well...

well, I dunno. I have talked to Rich a couple of times. 2 out of 3 times he was an a$$hole. the other time he was OK. He seems "always too busy" for a peeon. (That might not be the case, but that's the impression(s) I got).

Good idea tho- too bad they skedaddle out of there at three o clock, and aren't around on weekends.

Thanks anyhow Glenn.

Riley

Riley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page