Honda VTX Forum banner

photos of your CUSTOM VTX

175K views 277 replies 157 participants last post by  Rickie 
#1 ·
To all of you guys that have customized > Lowered , added the fat tire , added the rake. and what ever else you may have done.You know kind of chopped them out. Would ya mind posting those photos and if possible a round about amount invested?? Trying to see which way would be best to go The Fury or just take that VTX1300 or 1800 and Customize it?? Cost and looks. I have seen some very sharp VTX's on here. What I have been thinking is that by the time you have put all your additions on the Fury.Would you have been better off to just put a VTX together price wise and looks??
Thanks
Ed

#2 ·
Wide tire kit from X-Choppers(rear fender, swingarm, wheels, & struts)
6* rake from VTX-Treme
Sumo-X Fat Fork Covers
Baron's Bars
Digital Speedo
Tornado Intake
Jardine Forwards
So Cal Cycle Seat
CP Diamond Grips
Spiegler Lines
Barnett Throttle Cables
One-Off Front Fender
Lizard Lights
Flush Mount Fuel Cap
Baron Air Ride(crappy chrome)
Custom Paint
And some other stuff I probably forgot

Amount invested, well, I never kept an accurate tally, but probably about 10K

Realized I don't have any complete pics of the right side of my bike, so this one will have to do

#5 ·
I could never put down the cost of customization because the wife might see it!
:agree:

A lawyer friend of my wife's came over for supper one night and checked out my bike and asked how much I had in it. Gave him an estimate and he never shut up about it all night :roll: I just don't get it from a guy that makes my annual salary in one month or less... Wife bugged me for weeks :mad:

#6 ·
Sounds like he was angling for some special sauce:twisted:

:agree:

A lawyer friend of my wife's came over for supper one night and checked out my bike and asked how much I had in it. Gave him an estimate and he never shut up about it all night :roll: I just don't get it from a guy that makes my annual salary in one month or less... Wife bugged me for weeks :mad:

#8 ·
id say get a new 1300 and go to town on it and you will be around the same $ of a fury. lets say 7k for a new 1300c+$3800 for a sumo kit+$1500 for a matching front rim+$500 for glens trees+$430 for a set of jughuggers+150 for a set of bars.

total=$13,380 for a brand new raked x that sounds sweet with 250 kit and chrome r/c rims of choice. (tax frieght and prep not included)

id say that is better then a new stock fury.

or you could just buy mine for $9,500 and be done!!!

#14 ·
Proly be cheaper to start with the VTX

but, you could be one of the first to go PHAT on the Fury,

well see how llong it takes for the Kit to come out for that

LATE
Don't know about a kit, but I think in about 3 months someone will widen the stock wheel and cut and weld the swingarm to fit at least a 240. The stock wheel is aready 18" so widening it will be cheaper than a VTX wheel.

#18 ·
Don't know about a kit, but I think in about 3 months someone will widen the stock wheel and cut and weld the swingarm to fit at least a 240. The stock wheel is aready 18" so widening it will be cheaper than a VTX wheel.
Hick has been measureing one up and thinks there may be enought room for a 240 with out moding the fender or swingarm...:dontknow:

would make it a easy mod up to a phat rear....

tomb

#19 ·
Hick has been measureing one up and thinks there may be enought room for a 240 with out moding the fender or swingarm...:dontknow:

would make it a easy mod up to a phat rear....

tomb
Time will tell, doesn't look it to me though from the closeup pics I've seen. 200mm to 240mm tire is going to require at least 0.79 inches on each side of the tire. Don't know the width of the Fury's rear wheel, it has to be at least 6" and probably not more than 6.5". Even if it was 6.5" you'll need one full inch on each side of the rim to fit at 8.5" wheel for the 240. It really doubt it will fit without mods, but I've not seen one in person so I can be totally off base.

#20 ·
Time will tell, doesn't look it to me though from the closeup pics I've seen. 200mm to 240mm tire is going to require at least 0.79 inches on each side of the tire. Don't know the width of the Fury's rear wheel, it has to be at least 6" and probably not more than 6.5". Even if it was 6.5" you'll need one full inch on each side of the rim to fit at 8.5" wheel for the 240. It really doubt it will fit without mods, but I've not seen one in person so I can be totally off base.
I was checkin one out yesterday. They have almost 1" of clearance b4 the stock tire would hit the swingarm. Not sure about a 240 but bigger than stock would be easy.

#21 ·
Already been done

#24 ·
$16,000.00

SHORTY PHAT CANDY RED FENDER1.5 SEAT / 240
AIR SUSPENSION KEW-BASEFEED
SWING ARM SOFT TAIL CHROME
RC-GLADIATOR FRONT SPINNER
RC-GLADIATOR REAR 240 FRONT -
WIZARD ROTORS
LEFT SIDE BRAKE ASSEMBLY
REAR SMALL SILVER BULLETS SIGNAL LIGHTS
VANCE & HINES MODIFIED / STEVE CORTEZ
KURYAKYN PRO-R HYPERCHARGERCARLINI
FU BAR HANDLEBARS
PRO STREET 45 DEGREE RAKE
BADLAND MIRROR / SPEEDOMETER

OVER SIZED CALIPER FOR THE FRONT ( WILL BE REMOVING THE RIGHT SIDE ROTOR AND CALIPER TO SHOW MORE OF THE SPINNER ON THE FRONT WHEEL)

#26 ·
DAAAAMMMMMNNNED SHARP RIDES GUYS!!!!!!! Thats what I have been talking about. Look at what you guy's have been putting together. I just do not see how the Fury could ever stand a chance with bikes like them without having MANY MORE $$$$$$'s invested.Than you would in a bike like that.:congrats:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.