Honda VTX Forum banner

Looking for new bars and foot pegs

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jammerwalker 
#1 ·
Just got my 08 1800f.

I've been looking for options for bars for my f and it seems a little odd. I'm not sure if I'm not looking the right spot or if I'm blind or what. But im not seeming to find a decent selection of bars that "fit" an F model for the style i want.

I simply am looking for a 1300c style bar. No extra rise or stretch is needed. just that style and possibly black if there are some available somewhere but i havent been able to find them it seems.

Anyone know if the 1300c bars will work for an 1800f? If not some with relatively close if not the same dimensions that are different brand? maybe a little thicker?

When i bought the bike it came with what looks like Cobra footboards. Not my style. However, upon looking at the brackets and everything briefly before i got shipped offshore, due to not having time to look or inspect them enough to be able to come up with a solution, i have been looking for footpegs and or forward controls for an 08 1800f and im finding some, however the issue is im not sure if the bracket on the floor boards are all one piece and not finding aftermarket ones that come with new brackets to install with the controls for shifter, linkage, rear brake pedal etc. I wouldnt mind going back to OEM i just dont really care for the floorboards and would rather have my feet at the OEM position or similar, just more forward and than the boards provide.

Any input would be appreciated!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep, bars, especially custom styles, made to fit metric bikes riser spacing, are very hard to find. Now, you can get almost any bars in 1 inch diameter to go inside your bar clamps but when you want one pice bar/riser combo this will be your highest hurdle. So much so that I gave up and had a set made for me and then painted to match my VTX.

#3 ·
Another alternative for handlebars is to get an adapter that fits on top of the top triple tree, and then you can use HD spaced bars, which are much easier to find AND cheaper (usually). I've seen the adapters for the VTX for about $80 on eBay. Otherwise, like @Chicago-Spike said, the ones made for VTXs are hard to find and/or expensive, unless you JUST change the bars and not the risers.

As for the floorboards, you might check to see if someone with footpegs wants to 'swap' the whole thing. I suspect someone will like and want those floorboards.

#11 ·
Have a look at the Baron Extreme bars. They share some similarities to the 1300C and are thicker at 1.5".

To my eyes, they are the only bars that look right on an F :)
I like the look of the Baron Inferno bars, and they would look great on my bike, but I just can't swing the price tag of them! :frown:

#6 ·
I like those. Just noticed your foot controls. Which ones do you have on there? are they oem? if not did they come with brackets and linkages and reservoir? want to trade for my floor boards!? >:)

I saw some on *********.com that just are the bars and no risers that look like the 1300c bars beyond the risers and just attach in the risers. I may try those and see...

#7 ·
Hello All, I'm new to the board and just picked up my 08 VTX 1800F 2 weeks ago. I'm having similar bar issues and have been searching to no avail. The Baron Extremes that Primus showed above look great, but seem a bit straight to me. What is the arm position? I'm 6'3" tall. Primus, can you send the specs on your bar (Height and pull-back)? I would like to try to find something like the Bitwell Tracker Handle (check the link below) or something similar, but not sure how that would look and because of the 6.5 center width needed for the stock risers, finding a bar seems daunting without changing the risers.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/t...ource=Criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=HTML

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

#10 ·
Hi kimathigs,

The bars on my R are beach bars, but the dimensions on the Extreme bars are 33" width; 7-1/2" rise; 7-1/2" pullback.

The 1-1/2" diameter looks right at home on the big VTX and no triple tree adapters are needed for compatibility.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.