Honda VTX Forum banner

What risers do I have?

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Lou_VTX 
#1 ·
The other risers thread got me thinking.
What risers and handlebars do I actually have and how do I tell?
I bought the bike used with plenty of modifications so I have no clue what's stock and what's not.
(on top of that, I am no expert on VTXs so I don't know how to tell)

I would ultimately like to improve my riding posture/comfort by using handlebars that go farther back so that I do not need to slouch fwd all the time. (the 1800 sure is long)

Should I just post some decent pictures for y'all (the Ynterweb) to tell me what I got?

Thank you
Lou

#2 ·
The other risers thread got me thinking.

What risers and handlebars do I actually have and how do I tell?

I bought the bike used with plenty of modifications so I have no clue what's stock and what's not.

(on top of that, I am no expert on VTXs so I don't know how to tell)

I would ultimately like to improve my riding posture/comfort by using handlebars that go farther back so that I do not need to slouch fwd all the time. (the 1800 sure is long)

Should I just post some decent pictures for y'all (the Ynterweb) to tell me what I got?

Thank you

Lou

I have been running these for years on my R, feels like I am sitting in lawn chair going down the road. Perfect arm reach to the handle bars with the use of the Mustang back rest. Did not require any cable or brake line changes either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
My Rivco's are similar with the rectangular stock, but with a grooved side. Aeromach or similar have a rounded stock. Others may be similar to either of those 2.

#5 ·
Thanks for the information.

I took some pictures after lunch.

Again, I am a new when it comes to VTX bikes. :(
So I am relying on the collective wisdom of this club to tell me what I am holding onto while riding.

Stock? Aftermarket?
What say you, smart men?

Attachments

#11 ·
You are right, Spike. That's what I've found so far by searching here.
However, all those threads I found were old (some even a decade) and all the links to products expired.
Any chance you have links to the Aeromach or Rivco pullback risers? I did try to Google but I do not seem to be good at getting any useful results.

#12 ·
FWIW, worst case scenario (isn't really "the worst case"), I make me some "riser risers" (spacers) to go under the stock risers. I am decently skilled at machining and an engineer to boot so when I find some free time, I'll go for it.

#17 ·
Thanks, Spike, I've been to those before. No luck searching on their websites.
But again, I am now very seriously considering making my own riser risers (or "riser steps"?) to avoid any problems with the speedometer-mounted tach etc.

My main question now is whether the 6" pullback risers make the speedometer obstruct the top row of the warning lights on the fuel tank. When I checked it with a tape measure last night, it seemed like it would pose a decent obstruction. I might actually post a separate new better-visible thread for this question.

#19 ·
#20 ·
Do a google search for them. I did and found them over $20 cheaper at the link below. I guess I got luckier :surprise: :wink2:

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Aeromach_6_inch_Pullback_Risers_for_VTX_1800_C_F_p/am-3490p.htm

Aeromach AM-3490P is the model you would need. These are the same ones I have on my 1800C

Good luck
Thank you very much for the model # and the link (with a lower price, woo! :) ).

Got any pictures from the seated position? I am very curious to know whether the new position of the speedometer over the tank blocks the top row of the indicator lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.