VTXOA - View Single Post - It was a good run... until
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
10Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
Nice pix. I used the testimony of HawkVTX from Alabama several years ago for Ride-On. He was 70 miles from home and picked up an aluminum gitter spike which came up through the center and then out the side. He made it home due to the sealant protection of the Ride-On. To further this praise, 2 years ago I was 300 mi. from home, staying at a friend's about 250 miles from home for the night, when I picked up a ringed flooring nail dead center of the tread. In my darkside car tire. It started riding a little funky due to slowly losing air (which I didn't realize at that point). Made it to my friend's for the night, and the next morning another friend while getting ready to leave before me, mentioned my tire was flat. So the safety factor, and saving me a tow, was well worth it being that far from home. I proceeded to plug it, and it got me home safely, where I then replaced it with another CT. I may be in the minority but I do not trust plugged tires. If I have to, I have to, but no.
Thanks for the feed back.

That's a nice testimony for Ride On. I have read about it, that's about it. The next sizeable town would have been about 150 miles north. You think he would have made it that far using Ride on? Especially with the nail going through the sidewall?

Best always
10Ring

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome