Honda VTX Forum banner

Tire valve extender

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  JPT 
#1 ·
I am thinking of removing these after filling tires. Would you agree?
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074Z7ML5J?ref_=pe_2640190_261118450_302_E_DDE_dt_1&th=1[/ame]

#2 ·
#5 ·
Reactions: Piotr1 and Curt E
#8 ·
If someone would make a small footstep, compressor attachment at 90 degrees instead of 45 degrees or whatever is being sold, we wouldn't need weird angled valves or valve attachments just to put air in a damn tire.

Yes, I have used those angled valves that you screw on and then screw off but have since went back to old style compressor attachment. The pot metal type with the little clip. Went back to the old style pressure gauge also. The one with the measuring stick in it. The pancake compressor I have is supposed to stop at a set pressure but that piece of crap doesn't work right either.

Sometimes the old ways are best and less frustrating.

#10 ·
Yes, I have used those angled valves that you screw on and then screw off but have since went back to old style compressor attachment. The pot metal type with the little clip. Went back to the old style pressure gauge also. The one with the measuring stick in it. The pancake compressor I have is supposed to stop at a set pressure but that piece of crap doesn't work right either.

Sometimes the old ways are best and less frustrating.
Even with the angle attachment it was a pain in the butt. You needed a hand on the tire valve attachment for stability, the other trying to thread it, so two hands stretched out which blocked my view. Will try the longer attachment next time. Not changing tire valves until next tire change.

#21 ·
#23 ·
If you are talking about the hole size for the valve it is 11.3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.