!/2 Helmet and Shield ?? - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
I had one of these and its a friggin cool design and great helmet, I just couldnt find one that worked on my big ole mellon, if I ever find a dealer local where I can get a proper fit , its on the list.
www.webbikeworld.com This a cool site with lots of info on helmet fitment and reviews

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
2008 vtx1300r pearl white
hondaline backrest, MS batwing, BadX seat
Reality is not relative!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 08:18 PM

Scorpion exo-100

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksparky88 View Post
Take a look at the Scorpion EXO-100. Its a half helmet with zip-out ear flaps (for cooler weather) and a retractable shield that isn't full face, but covers the important parts when it rains. The visor is available in several colors, including clear. I have this helmet and use it regularly in the hot summers here in Oklahoma. Price isn't half bad either. I don't remember if I bought it here, but it is available at this site: www.streetbikerider.com/h-helmets/scorpion/pr-helmets-scorpion-cruiser-2009-exo-100-solid.htm
Love this helmet--also available at Leatherup.com at a very good price.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 PM
GKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
All I can speak to is my fulmer did not have bottom snaps, just a row across the top and it didnt flop around,course I never drive a 100 so what do I know.JUst my .02 good luck

I have two half helmets, different makes, and both have three snaps across the top. I have a face shield that snaps on and covers my whole face, and lifts up. I've never had it "flop around"...in fact, as speed increases, it seems to be more stable...the pressure of the wind on it presses it down. (I have a wind shield, but there still is some air flow on my face.) I seldom wear it, though....it is too warm in the summer time, and since I wear goggles and a wind shield I have eye protection.

I also have a full face helmet that I use for winter riding...it's just too hot for me in the summer.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenzX View Post
I've never had it "flop around"...
I suspect he was referring to a 5-snap shield on a 3-snap helmet. It does flop around. Don't ask how I know this.

But + another on the Scorpion EXO-100. I rode from Ocean City, MD to St. Louis last month in the rain or drizzle. Absolutely loved my Scorpion helmet. Kind of pi$$ed that I dropped it in Dodge City. Ah well, had to get a scratch at some point...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]'02 1800S w/R wheels, Leatherlyke bags, Kury grips & pegs, Cobra crashbars, sissy bar & rack, HD fairing, Desert Dawgs, Glen's turn signal beeper & saddlebag reinforcements, & Hick's Nudie Bar!!! 2009 KLR 650
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 01:59 AM

This 3/4 from HJC is nice.

'05 1300C Convertible *Miss July, 2011* - http://www.cafepress.com/hdklr.492632995
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 05:40 AM

I picked up an HJC FS2 half helmet earlier this year off ebay for only $30 shipped. It was brand new with the decorative visor having come loose. I just replaced the 3M tape that holds it down, done deal. Its the competition for the Scorpion EXO-100. The HJC has an optional removable visor vs the EXO-100's built in visor.

Regardless, both are mushroom heads. The HJC is built very well, is light weight, has the zip out ears and neck as well as a ventilation system. Of course, I still wear my beat up skid lid as ive yet to go over 100 miles on the X for a single trip.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 01:14 PM

If your helmet has 3 snaps on front you can get a full shield w/visor. Only very high speed does it move. Been using one for years,usually run about 16 - 20 bucks. can also get a short version. nitemike

'06 1300R "QUIK"silver, Dakota shield,Honda saddles, Peaceful cruisin fender & tank bibs(Initial eagle carving),BadX seat mod,solo seat ring,rear fender rack,VTXROSA block-off plates,SPykers air box mod(one & only Philly Eagle),Wallyworld driving lights,Assorted chrome/black thingies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page