Who knows about these fairings? - Page 50 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #491 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to CRUZR Send a message via MSN to CRUZR Send a message via Yahoo to CRUZR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwahaes View Post
........... What kind of door did you install over the radio?
kwahaes,
Here is the one I got but in black. It appears they only make them in white and gun metal now. (See below for possible black one) The lid does open upwards in a semi circle so you do have to make sure there is room above the radio inside the inner fairing. It takes very little room. I can wash the bike and rinse the inner fairing using the hose with no leaks. I have tried the one that the lid raises up and it's a pain as it wants to fall while riding.

http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.as...SG2&ID=1056185

I found one that states it is black here: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9808_Dual+SG2.html
I would check it out first to be sure!!! It may be one of the old ones. Mine did not have the flags on it though.

Good luck,
Gary

Gary Scherler aka "CRUZR" at
www.scherler.com

'03 VTX 1800 S

Click the pic to go to my web site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #492 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Cruzr,
Thanks! I am actually looking at a Dual reciever, so this might just work out. I am trying to be patient and wait for it to arrive, but I keep finding myself looking at speakers and stereo every day. I believe the opening of the fairing is 3.25" x 8.25", but the stereo I am looking at is like 2"x7"x7". I didn't want to just start ordering a bunch of stuff only to find out I can't find a way to make it fit. That stereo is considerably smaller than the opening, so I worried about getting it to fit right and then putting the marine door over it.

Thanks again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank
2005 1300 R Candy Red
post #493 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 09:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to CRUZR Send a message via MSN to CRUZR Send a message via Yahoo to CRUZR
vtxcruizer,
You stated the fairing is setting to one side and from the pic it look like it does next to the headlight. Per chance do you have the fairing has high has it will go on the forks and hitting the top edge of the bridge (fork top) on one side. I accidentally did that once when I was in a hurry putting it on one time, on my Hoppe fairing, and it did the same thing by about a 1/4" (at least on the top of it).

Just a thought, good luck,
Gary

www.scherler.com

'03 VTX 1800 S

post #494 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Cruzr,
Thanks! I am actually looking at a Dual reciever, so this might just work out. I am trying to be patient and wait for it to arrive, but I keep finding myself looking at speakers and stereo every day. I believe the opening of the fairing is 3.25" x 8.25", but the stereo I am looking at is like 2"x7"x7". I didn't want to just start ordering a bunch of stuff only to find out I can't find a way to make it fit. That stereo is considerably smaller than the opening, so I worried about getting it to fit right and then putting the marine door over it.

Thanks again.

I had to order things to find what would fit as I choose all my electronics for the Hoppe fairing myself. This was before Hoppe decided they would sell with only their electronics. It's scary cuttin' into the fairing the first time. Just make sure ya measure everything. BTW. I was looking at vtxcruizer a little more and I think he has a similar if not the same door on his. I'm sure he'll answer soon though.

Gary

www.scherler.com

'03 VTX 1800 S

post #495 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZR View Post
vtxcruizer,
You stated the fairing is setting to one side and from the pic it look like it does next to the headlight. Per chance do you have the fairing has high has it will go on the forks and hitting the top edge of the bridge (fork top) on one side. I accidentally did that once when I was in a hurry putting it on one time, on my Hoppe fairing, and it did the same thing by about a 1/4" (at least on the top of it).

Just a thought, good luck,
Gary
Thanks for the info Cruz! I will check it tomorrow. It took me eleven hours to get it tweaked out, I was really tired by the time I got it and the stereo installed around midnight. I paid 200.00 for the fairing from fleebay, great price but did have to do a lot of tweaking, which was well worth it in the end. Tomorrow, before I drop it off for the tires and powder coating I will check it. Thanks again!
post #496 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
That looks great! I cannot wait to get mine. What kind of door did you install over the radio?
Here is the one I purchased Kwahaes,
Jensen Marine MRH211BLACK

If you type it in and google search you will find them. I bought mine from Amazon, however there are others. It looks nice installed, has a support ledge in the lower rear to add some support to the stereo head unit.
post #497 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the information. I think I saw that one when I was searching for my receiver. Now that I have an idea of what all to put in the fairing, I just need to try and be patient for it to arrive.

Thanks again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank
2005 1300 R Candy Red
post #498 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenegrimley View Post
I like the idea of painting the fairing with a rattle can to save some $ but I have always heard you cant paint fiberglass or abs without adding flex to the paint. I mean you can and it might look good but will it last? Or is the colorite paint for plastic, and I missed it?
The Colorrite cans say that the paint is ready to use as-is on plastic and fiberglass - no flex or other additives are required. We'll soon see.

markb

'07F Spec 3 - Mustang Seat, Reckless Fairing, Cobra Slashcuts, Kury HyperCharger Pro-R, Kury ISO grips, Kury mini bullets, Kury Longhorns, Cobra driving lights, Road King bags, Stebel horn, Metzeler ME880's - 200 on the rear.
post #499 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
The Colorrite cans say that the paint is ready to use as-is on plastic and fiberglass - no flex or other additives are required. We'll soon see.
I'll be very interested to hear how your paint turns out.
I just took plunge and bought one of these. Now need to decide between cheapo rattle can or go full out and drop $400-$500 and get it done right. Also want to add the tribal graphic to match my bike to the fairng so there's another $120.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]05 Tribal Ti 1800F3.
post #500 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxcruizer View Post
Received my fairing from Kevnly, great and smooth transaction. Ordered over weekend and had it on Thursday. I am happy with my decision to go with this fairing over the reckless, the black gelcoat finish is flawless, and will do until I get the outer painted, I am thinking of keeping the inner the way it is. The construction of the fairing appears to be pretty good! Better than expected for the price I paid ($280.00 including shipping). Initial opinion (before mounting), great unit for those who can not afford to spend 700-1600 on a fairing and much better than my MS Batwing. I will get it mounted this weekend and will be able to give a much better overall opinion, but so far pretty happy with my decision. I will post pics soon!

Eugene, my clarion 5.25's fit nicely, grill and all! just thought I would pass that on to you!

Do you have a web site or a contact for Kevnly and the fairing for $280? I have been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now.

Dan

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/soonernomo/CAM00074_zps18241eb3.jpg

'07 1800N, Ultimate Big Boy seat, USA Trailer Store fairing w/Long Ride Shields 9" windshield, Leather Lyke bags, G-Max 195/60-16 tire, MCHitch trailer hitch, Cycle Mate CM2000 trailer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page