Who knows about these fairings? - Page 52 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #511 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwahaes View Post
I read his site and even spoke to him about the speakers and stereo. If you read my previous posts, you might know that.

My post is to find out how those who already have theirs from Reckless did their stereo installations. Most posts are about the kevnly fairing installations from what I can tell.
Wasn't being a smarta$$ with my response. I saw a question and tried to help. And being that this thread was up to 17 pages, I didn't read every single response. But thanks for clearing up your question, because I misunderstood what you were asking for.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
04 1300C, D-Paired, Reckless Fairing, Hick's CTR, Glens Permanent Mount A/F Screw, CP Limited Series VTX Series T-Bars, National Cycle Hard Bags, Paladin Engine Guards, RH Dooley's, K&N Air Filter, and FP Jet Kit 210 Main, 58 Slow, Clip in 3rd slot w/1 shim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurrocket View Post
I wish you luck with getting it next week. I ordered mine on the13th of February and still haven't received it. Initially, the painter had some issues with matching the black cherry color. Spoke to Alex on Monday and it was suppose to ship on Wednesday. I send an email to him today, hoping it will ship tomorrow since I am on vacation next week.

Its been almost a month!

Eric
I purchased mine on 2-19. It is also supposed to ship this week. I do have to say Alex has communicated with me through out this whole time.

The wait is killing me too!!!!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2005 1300R 87000 miles gone
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
post #513 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 PM

I ordered mine on the 3rd and it was shipped today. I have not gotten a delivery date other than Alex saying it should only take about three days. I also ask him about the splash guard size and he said that the opening was 8 1/2 x 31/2 . So the splash guard listed on another post may not fit without some modifications to the fairing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

02 1800 C - V&H Pipes - Corbin Seat ,Darkside Mich. Hydro Edge 205x65x16

post #514 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost rider View Post
I purchased mine on 2-19. It is also supposed to ship this week. I do have to say Alex has communicated with me through out this whole time.

The wait is killing me too!!!!!!!!
Alex does a great job with communication I just wish the painter could get it together. I am getting frustrated from the wait

Eric

2006 Black Cherry 1300R

Brookline, NH
post #515 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 PM
obi

has anyone mounted a reckless fairing on a 1300? his website says you need to relocate the turn signals. is this true? where did you put them?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #516 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 AM

Can you tell me where on his site it says that? I didn't see that when I ordered it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank
2005 1300 R Candy Red
post #517 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 12:56 AM

For those wanting to know about stereo install in the reckless, (I did something different) but get a single DIN marine stereo and then a cover. If you get the following, it actually fits the opening perfectly and has a tray that supports the single din radio:
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...SELL_THUMBNAIL

I bought the Pyle 5.25" speakers. The grills are slightly larger that the flat portion of the rounds, but reasonable. I did have to enlarge the holes slightly for these to fit. I used a dremel tool and drum sanding bit. You don't have to take much off, and it goes very fast with the dremel. Note how the speaker grills line up and make your enlarged hole to get the best fit for your grills.

I'll post some pics as I start putting mine back together this weekend to finish the mockup before painting.

I hope this helps.

Mark

markb

'07F Spec 3 - Mustang Seat, Reckless Fairing, Cobra Slashcuts, Kury HyperCharger Pro-R, Kury ISO grips, Kury mini bullets, Kury Longhorns, Cobra driving lights, Road King bags, Stebel horn, Metzeler ME880's - 200 on the rear.
post #518 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi View Post
has anyone mounted a reckless fairing on a 1300? his website says you need to relocate the turn signals. is this true? where did you put them?
Mine will be mounted on my lightbar. KWAHAES looks like we have the same lightbar we should be just fine.(I hope lol)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2005 1300R 87000 miles gone
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
post #519 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
For those wanting to know about stereo install in the reckless, (I did something different) but get a single DIN marine stereo and then a cover. If you get the following, it actually fits the opening perfectly and has a tray that supports the single din radio:
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...SELL_THUMBNAIL
The model number for the Audiovox cover in your link (MRH211B ) is exactly the same as the Jensen cover mentioned previous. I suspect these are the same covers just re-branded.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]05 Tribal Ti 1800F3.
post #520 of 1148 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxcruizer View Post
Eugene, my clarion 5.25's fit nicely, grill and all! just thought I would pass that on to you!
What model of Clarion speakers are you using?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]05 Tribal Ti 1800F3.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page