Dang!!! I dropped it again!!!!! - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Dang!!! I dropped it again!!!!!

Well, I've been sick for the last month and the doctors took me off my arthritis medicine because my liver enzymes are a little elevated. So, I am feeling a little more pain these days and am not quite as strong as I used to be. However, since I hadn't ridden the bike in almost two months, and because it was sunny and 80* today, I fired her up, let her warm up and took a little 12 mile ride. I was a little shaky at first but soon I was riding a little more like normal. When I got home, I had to weave around a car in my driveway to get the bike in the garage. I came to a stop just as I got around the car and at the entrance to the garage and then proceeded to lose my balance and tumbled off to the right. Down she went! I tried to get her back upright the way they show you to do it but couldn't get her up. I had to get my neighbor to help me. By this time there was gasoline all over the driveway. I am really bummed out because this time the saddlebag on the right side came off in the fall and I scratched both of the mufflers. I am also bummed that it seems that the bike is really heavy to me right now. I'll keep trying though. I need to exercise more and build up my physical strength I guess. Just venting. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 10:59 PM

Doh! Good thing for the neighbor. Hope you get to feeling well fast!

'03 VTX 1800C, "R" Bars, Kicked back and cruising! Riding on the Darkside! GYTT 205
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:02 PM

it happens...fugetaboutit and ride

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Too young to be where I am going
but too old to go back again
2008 Honda X 13T- Gone Feb 2010
2010 Vic X Country

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:12 PM

Sorry to hear about the drop, we have all been there, done that. Treat it as just another learning moment with the 800lb Gorilla. glad you didn't get injured.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2004 1800C
2009 GL1800
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Take your time and recover fully. I know it is aggravating with good weather and the bike just sitting there looking pretty but it will be there when you get healed up. I had some major oral surgery about 2 years ago (tonsils out, uvula out, some meat cut from the roof to half way down my throat) and didn't need to be on the bike due to the wind but my body was feeling about 85% due to the meds. I slacked off on meds so I could get riding time in without hearing the wifes mouth about riding while medicated. I had no mishap such as you but I did regret me taking the chance. Cheer up, heal up, and get the bike fixed at your own pace. The bike is a good friend and will sit by your side til you're ready for it. Good Luck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Stay Young Forever
2005 VTX 1300R & 1997 YZF 1000R Thunderace
Falken ZE-512 205/65/15 CT

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:08 AM
bmc

bit a little freeway concrete a couple years ago..took time to get back so take it easy...you'll be back ridin before you know it Red..take care
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:13 AM

scratches add personality, glad to hear you got the chance to go riding

lurking [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 12:36 AM

I can totally relate to you. Had a triple by-pass on 2/19 and am not allowed to drive (a cage) until tomorrow. It has been the longest 6 weeks ever! I have only gotten enough nerve to roll the bike out of garage and let it run while I wipe all of the dust off of the X and roll it back in. I'm going to give it a couple more weeks before I get on the X full-time but the urge to hop on and ride sure is strong with the weather warming up.

Sorry about you dropping the bike but glad you are okay. Don't rush things - get all healed up first. Your post just convinced me that I need to heal up before trying my luck on the bike. I don't want to drop it just because I couldn't wait a couple more weeks.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 03:04 AM

Sorry to hear about the drop. I've done it too and It's not easy getting the big bike back up. Glad your neighbor pitched in to help you. Best wishes on building up your strength.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2003 VTX1800R
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:15 AM

I dropped my bike when I was perfectly healthy and strong, so don't feel bad about it! Get healed up first. Bike's are much easier and cheaper to repair than our bodies, you don't want to do some type of permanent damage to yourself and not be able to ride again ever. Will be praying your healing process goes smooth and quick!

Padre Blanco
2007 VTX 1300 R Titanium, Honda 24L Bags, Memphis Shades Shield, Kury Flame Grips, Mustang Vintage Sport Touring Seat, Progressive Front Springs and Alls Balls Tapered Bearings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page