Mean city mod or Mustang? - Page 3 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 06:46 PM

Just my opinion ... on an F (and C, for that matter), nothing looks quite as good as the stock seat, except maybe a Corbin Young Guns; but to your butt, that's like replacing one pile of bricks with another slightly different shaped pile of bricks. Where both the Mustang and especially the Ultimate tend to look like a big mushroom head growing out or your rear fender, the Mean City Cycles mod keeps the clean stock look. Not trying to dis folks who have these ... just my opinion as a former owner of both.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, having had both Mustang and Ultimate on earlier bikes, and having ridden a friends V-Star with a Mustang, I find the Mean City Cycles memory foam mod to be more comfortable than both of them. And that's just a regular memory foam mod that I had done before they offered the double decker. Where I could only get 1-2 hours in the stock seat before butt-burn began to set in, I can ride many pain-free hours now, and have ridden all day without a problem.

My vote: you can't miss with Mean City Cycles.

ed

2014 dark red Honda Valkyrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 PM

I love my Mustang

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]

2012 Kawasaki Concours GTR 1400
2006 VTX 1300C - Gone
Had Kids
2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000
2002 Suzuki Hyabusa (Twin Turbo mod) - Gone
2001 Honda CBR F4i - Gone
2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - Gone
2000 Honda RC51 - gone
2000 HD Fat Boy - Gone
1997 Suzuki GSX 1100
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 12:40 AM

After 4 years of suffering with the stock seat I finally broke down and bought a new Mustang seat off of E-bay for a great price. 100% improvement! BUT the wife is not happy so off to Mean City Cyles goes the passenger seat for the memory foam mod. We were told to ship the seat so it would arrive on May 11th and it would be shipped back to us the next day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]05 1800c, Black, Cobra Short backrest w/luggage rack, Tsukayu bags, Progressive fork springs, Hondaline lightbar, Progressive 418's, Hondaline lowers, Tsukayu fairing, Mustang seat

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 12:43 AM

mean city by all means. I have had Mustang,Ultimate, and
now Meas City re-do on my Ultra and it is the best hands down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Patriot Guard member
C.M.A. member - "Ridin' for the SON"
STG1 USS E.Montgomery,Miller,Olendorf
U.S.Navy 1981-1985 , 1990-1993
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 02:49 AM

So not to lose any riding time ,I bought a stock seat from a member on the classified board and had him ship it to MCC

Bad X offers first class customer service

[SIGPIC]https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=211&pictureid=950[/SIGPIC]
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 05:29 AM

I did a mean city mod..was OK,,, then bought an ultimate way better, they are the caddy of x seats imo... spend the $$ you wont be sorry...

The only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control,
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickf123 View Post
I did a mean city mod..was OK,,, then bought an ultimate way better, they are the caddy of x seats imo... spend the $$ you wont be sorry...
I wish the Ultimate looked better. The owners factory is 5 minutes from my house plus I met him at an outside cafe few years back. Said I could ride over and test drive one on my bike. Thing is it looks so bulky kinda like a sofa plopped on the bike. I understand the comfort part, but I wish it looked more stylish.....anyone else feel the same?

2002 black 1800 retro spoked wheels**honda fender chrome**vance & hines big shots**pcIII**kury grips with stilleto caps**throttle boss**chrome rear brake reservoir**Kury skull/groved levers**schythe mirrors**honda bags with honda tank bib**honda windshield**light bar with visors**gas cap hinge**VTX 100 ci clutch plate cover**Hypercharger**
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 AM

I feel the same about the ultimate when I'm looking at the bike in pictures. So I don't take pictures with the Ultimate anymore, I use one of my other seats. But when I'm looking at the seat with my BUTT when I'm riding it, the Ultimate looks DARN GOOD.

NOBODY can tell you which seat to get. Your BUTT is the only entity that should get a vote... with your wallet MAYBE a close second. But if a seat is a lot more comfortable TO YOU, twice the money is WORTH IT.

Ex-X-Rider... Now on a Kawasaki Concours 1400 and a Ninja ZX-6R! Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 AM

Two years ago I had Bad X mod my stock seat with the double decker memory foam option on both seat sections...Ran me about $250 total...That extended the time we could ride from 30 -40 minutes to about 60-75 minutes...Alot better than stock, but not exactly what I was hoping for...Not to diss Allen, as his work is top-notch...But every a$$ is different, and I kinda think that only so much can be done with the stock seat pan...So about a year ago I bought a brand new wide touring Mustang off ebay for about $380, and sold the modded stock seat on the VTX cafe site for $200 (I think)....We can now ride a full tank of gas out of the bike and not need a break for our butts...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page