Those w/fairings-Speaker ?? - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 11:12 AM

I got the Hogtunes set up much better than the stock harley speakers, I forget what size speakers they are but they are not marine grade and I have had no problems whatsoever.

In a world filled with shades of grey there is one absolute... it is impossible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gonzo1970
As long as the speakers dont have paper in them, you should be ok.

I run Sony Xplod's - Not listed as "Waterproof" but have been completely soaked, no problems..

However, the Polk 521's are pretty damn incredible speakers.. If I need to change, Ill be going with them for sure. I just happened to come across these Sony's for nothin..

-Gonz

Harley Owners Need Dependable Alternatives
"Dear Fox News: I am writing today to request that you add a laugh track to your coverage to properly identify it for the comedy that it is.
Also, clown noses for the reporters would be nice."
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 03:42 PM

+1 to the Polks mentioned above, and I'd also recommend the Memphis Car Audio offerings if they'll fit. The PR series is a nice compromise between sound and price tag.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
TCB
Mad Hatter

I am now looking at the Kicker PS5250's.. What do ya all think??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I Am A Down and Out "CHROM WHORE"
Keep it Up Strait
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB View Post
I am now looking at the Kicker PS5250's.. What do ya all think??
They look like a well made speaker but they are 2 ohm, to match the Harley Harmon-Karden radios. They might not play well with a 50w/ch (15-18RMS) head unit because they will have quite a draw at top volume. Personally, I'd stick with 4 ohm choices if that's what the Victory radio was designed for. If you are going to add an amp then you'd just want to make sure the amp was designed & rated to be stable down to 2 ohms.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
TCB
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn W View Post
They look like a well made speaker but they are 2 ohm, to match the Harley Harmon-Karden radios. They might not play well with a 50w/ch (15-18RMS) head unit because they will have quite a draw at top volume. Personally, I'd stick with 4 ohm choices if that's what the Victory radio was designed for. If you are going to add an amp then you'd just want to make sure the amp was designed & rated to be stable down to 2 ohms.
The Vic uses a 2 ohm like HD.. As for an amp, still not sure I will go that route. The local Audio stor I go to said to get these 2 ohm speakers. He said I would get better sound and responce than if I went to the 4 ohm ones. And he knew I was thinking of an amp as well..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keep it Up Strait
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by locodude View Post
I got the Hogtunes set up much better than the stock harley speakers, I forget what size speakers they are but they are not marine grade and I have had no problems whatsoever.
What did you pay for the Hogtunes setup?
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB View Post
The Vic uses a 2 ohm like HD.. As for an amp, still not sure I will go that route. The local Audio stor I go to said to get these 2 ohm speakers. He said I would get better sound and responce than if I went to the 4 ohm ones. And he knew I was thinking of an amp as well..
That sounds like a great choice then if they fit. The H-D radio is a little on the under-powered side so anything designed for the stock H-D radio will probably be done with efficiency in mind, to get max volume out of it.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 08:22 AM

Check the depth you have available. There has been a few discussions on the Vision-riders forum about changing speakers and depth has been an issue for some of the "better" speaker options. I simply (and cheaply!)installed some baffles and that really helped the stock speakers.

[SIGPIC]https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324&dateline=12263298 49[/SIGPIC]
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
TCB
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto View Post
Check the depth you have available. There has been a few discussions on the Vision-riders forum about changing speakers and depth has been an issue for some of the "better" speaker options. I simply (and cheaply!)installed some baffles and that really helped the stock speakers.

ThankX, no issue with depth, I can fit the KS or SP speaker, no problem..

What I am really wanting to know, will I be better with the more expensive SP over the KS?? SP has a 2ohm and KS 4 ohm

PS about 200.00 and KS 80.00

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keep it Up Strait

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page