Handicap Placard use on a motorcycle? - Page 3 - VTXOA
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:21 PM

In Virginia, if you have a permanent placard, you can get Handicap plates (including motorcycle, I have one).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 12:36 PM

Just last week when I went to Home Depot I say a guy on a bike with a passenger park in a handicapped spot. On the way into the store I noticed he had a handicapped licence on his bike. So I guess in Arizona you can get a handicapped plate for your bike if needed.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 12:40 PM

Florida has HC motorcycle plates

'05 Honda VTX 1300R Champion trike Kit. Mustang Seats and Backrests, Kuryakyn ISO grips, pegs, floorboards, shifter and brake peddle. Universal passenger arm rests, Wolo horn, Shark 600 watt stereo, Vista cruise, Cup holder, GPS. Lots of chrome.

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/keywasted-1912477

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:13 PM

Garage
I wonder, like @X'N , if you could semi-permanently mount it partly under your license plate on the back. The license plate pinching it between the plate and the backing would most likely keep it from getting stolen, or it would tear trying to take it out, deterring thieves, and it would be easily visible to LEOs being right with the plate.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:44 PM

Hear in Idaho people who are not Handicapped use the card to get good parking. When I see them hop out of there car after beating me to a spot I tell them they don't look Handicapped to me, They just walk away.
Besides there are too many really fat people who use the card as well.

Plunder First, Than Burn
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Speed View Post
Hear in Idaho people who are not Handicapped use the card to get good parking. When I see them hop out of there car after beating me to a spot I tell them they don't look Handicapped to me, They just walk away.
Besides there are too many really fat people who use the card as well.
Sorry guys, I am simply not buying the notion that someone who can ride a motorcycle, especially a heavy cruiser (Trikes excluded) can at the same time claim they are sufficiently handicapped to not be able to walk an extra 10, 20, or 100 ft from a regular parking place to the door of the place of business.

2003 VTX 1800 C, Rinehart Exhaust, Hypercharger, PCIII, Custom map for each cylinder, 1300 FD, Spec 3 F-wheels, 200x50x18 Metzler
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:47 PM

You would understand if you had COPD. Riding the bike is, indeed, easy but pushing it back or forth will damn near kill you. It's not fun stopping every 20 or 25 feet to take a several minute break to catch your breath. The guy had to get his Doctor to write the DMV for him to get this place card perhaps you could get a clue from that.
RBS likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXCRZR View Post
Sorry guys, I am simply not buying the notion that someone who can ride a motorcycle, especially a heavy cruiser (Trikes excluded) can at the same time claim they are sufficiently handicapped to not be able to walk an extra 10, 20, or 100 ft from a regular parking place to the door of the place of business.
Unless you have to deal with a handicap you have no idea of what you speak. I know plenty of prior service who are handicapped but you'd never know it. It isn't your place to judge and it's a shame that it happens. You don't have to like it but oh well deal with it.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:49 PM

Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Camp View Post
You would understand if you had COPD. Riding the bike is, indeed, easy but pushing it back or forth will damn near kill you. It's not fun stopping every 20 or 25 feet to take a several minute break to catch your breath. The guy had to get his Doctor to write the DMV for him to get this place card perhaps you could get a clue from that.
I just had a bout with Vasculitis which left me weak in the legs and winded after just a small amount of moving my bike around. I know some would suggest getting a smaller bike but there no other bike other than my 1800 T.
I'll give it up when I die.

Plunder First, Than Burn
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXCRZR View Post
Idiot post of the Day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page