Opinions on an 1800N - Page 2 - VTXOA
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 06:58 AM

Nice looking bike, KKB for motorcycles say's trade in is about $4500, and retail is $6,500. With that said I agree with everybody else, its about $1,000 to much. Start at $6,500 and see if he will meet you in the at $7,000. If you can handle $7,500 go for it. You can't beet the looks and it is a VTX1800N. Great bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Old Goat

When I went in to purchase my new 06 1300R didn't have a clue about the 1800 much less the N...when I saw my first N , could have kicked myself for not doing my homework...Im happy with my 1300, but if the right deal on a N came along who knows.....all X's are great bikes, but in my mind the N stands alone..kinda like the F.....good luck on whatever you decide and Happy Trails....

PS..not much help on the price of that bike, but for me sometimes I don't mind paying a little more for something I really want....I tend to hang on to stuff....

Phil...(71)ĒNobody told me I die at the endĒ
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRobertson View Post
Thanks all. I am mostly gathering info at the moment and will get more serious in the spring.
I smell a future post here in late winter or early spring..."I am still looking for a decent bike and all I can find is abused, dented, scratched stuff. Man, I wish I had jumped on that un-molested 'N' back in December."

Regardless, I hope you do find the right ride for you.

2008 VTX1800N3 Black Tribal / Cobra POWRPRO / Forcewinder Intake / PAIR Valve Delete / Hondaline 18L / Cobra Backrest & Laser Cut Luggage Rack / USB Power Supply / Memphis Shades Batwing / MTC / Not enough Kury stuff

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quack4du View Post
I smell a future post here in late winter or early spring..."I am still looking for a decent bike and all I can find is abused, dented, scratched stuff. Man, I wish I had jumped on that un-molested 'N' back in December."

Regardless, I hope you do find the right ride for you.

Ding, ding, ding!
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 10:36 AM

while I agree with everyone that the N model is a very special bike don't discount the R or S models one of my favorite bikes on this forum is for sale it's owned by enroute7 what a beautiful bike if I had the money i'd buy it in a heartbeat. i'm not good enough on the computer to bring up a pic for you but maybe someone else can anyway if you want to see a drop dead beautiful bike check it out.

texasmike
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1300c 8 degree rake, cobra pipes, c&c seat, darkside and lots more
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmike View Post
while I agree with everyone that the N model is a very special bike don't discount the R or S models one of my favorite bikes on this forum is for sale it's owned by enroute7 what a beautiful bike if I had the money i'd buy it in a heartbeat. i'm not good enough on the computer to bring up a pic for you but maybe someone else can anyway if you want to see a drop dead beautiful bike check it out.
I just looked up his pictures. That is a beautiful bike, and actually very similar to the style that I would try to create if I buy a VTX. Thanks for the info, I will have to start looking at R/S models as well. That really increases the number of bikes available.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Given that the VTX model is no longer in production and hasn't been for years now, finding one in that shape for that price?? I'm not sure I'd "wait til spring". . . . that thing will be gone by then. Even at a high end average asking price from the stealer.

If you are *actually* in the market (not just 'kickin tires'), if you like it, and you want it: you'll be doing yourself a disservice to wait until spring. Deals like the one you shared will be farther and fewer between the longer you wait.

I wouldn't wait. I'd walk in, CASH IN HAND and make a deal.

Bub Club member #361
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 11:17 AM

Mine is an '06 1800R. I bought it 4 yrs ago (actually 4 yrs ago this past weekend), and it had just under 6k miles and I bought it for 6k. Mine had the Switchblade shield, highway bars, hard bags, some chrome accents around the front and rear fender and HK 3" Big shots pipes, so I would definitely offer less than the $7.5k being asked by the dealer for a stock bike.

Jeffery

2006 VTX1800R
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 11:34 AM

Garage
I agree, sweet bike, limited options. Depending on what you want, a bike with lots of aftermarket (it's easy to drop $5000 on accessories over time), or a nice stock ride. If you lean toward stock, I would try and deal now. The bike has been there awhile, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it now for $6k. Springtime, it will sell for more, it's too nice. If you plan on lots of options or heavily modifying a bike, might be better to find a less minty example that you can get cheaper or already has what you want.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Garage
That's a nice bike, but IMHO overpriced by about $1,500. I bought my 2007 T, last year with 525 miles on it, for a little less than what your dealer is asking for that one. I've added a LOT to mine, but have also enjoyed buying the "stock" version and customizing it as my own. The 'extras' are going to cost you a bit, but spread out over time, it's worth the fun of adding them. Good luck.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page