Opinions on an 1800N - Page 3 - VTXOA
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
PS..not much help on the price of that bike, but for me sometimes I don't mind paying a little more for something I really want....I tend to hang on to stuff....
This is how I buy things too, if it's exactly what I want, then I don't mind spending a little more. I wouldn't pay 6k for this bike though. I prefer the F model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 09:40 PM

Yep talk them down $1000

post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeXR View Post
I agree, sweet bike, limited options. Depending on what you want, a bike with lots of aftermarket (it's easy to drop $5000 on accessories over time), or a nice stock ride. If you lean toward stock, I would try and deal now. The bike has been there awhile, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get it now for $6k. Springtime, it will sell for more, it's too nice. If you plan on lots of options or heavily modifying a bike, might be better to find a less minty example that you can get cheaper or already has what you want.
Maybe it is my area, but I can drive an hour in any direction and see quite a few VTX 1800s for sale. Although most have more miles (but less than 20k) and few are bone stock, there are many to be had for less than $5000. Pull up craigslist and pop VTX in the search, you might be surprised.
If this is the year and model you have your heart set on (and you want one bone stock), then by all means pull the trigger - this is a bit rare.
However I don't know of many who "want" a stock ride and as stated by others the options are what will drain your wallet. Is it fun buying these accessories, maybe to some, but I would rather grab one that someone else bore the expense. You can the pull off what you don't like and swap/sell to others to make it "yours". I have had great experiences selling/trading/buying accessories with other VTXers.

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:56 PM

Is this the same RRobertson from the 9 forum? Could it be another convert?
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
Is this the same RRobertson from the 9 forum? Could it be another convert?
Ha, it is the same RRobertson. I sold the 9 about a month ago. Loved the bike, and it was a blast to ride, but when set up to be a comfortable two up cruiser it lost its sexiness. I am looking for a big cruiser that I can leave set up for two up and not feel like I am sacrificing all of the style.

I am looking at VTX1800N/R/S, Yamaha Roadliners, C109Rs, and Kawasaki VN2000's. Can't stand the look of the Rocket3 and don't want to spend the dough for the Victory. I realize all but the Rocket will be a step down in the power category, but will hopefully make up for that in other areas.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRobertson View Post
Ha, it is the same RRobertson. I sold the 9 about a month ago. Loved the bike, and it was a blast to ride, but when set up to be a comfortable two up cruiser it lost its sexiness. I am looking for a big cruiser that I can leave set up for two up and not feel like I am sacrificing all of the style.

I am looking at VTX1800N/R/S, Yamaha Roadliners, C109Rs, and Kawasaki VN2000's. Can't stand the look of the Rocket3 and don't want to spend the dough for the Victory. I realize all but the Rocket will be a step down in the power category, but will hopefully make up for that in other areas.
I don't care at all for the VN2000, it is so heavy it takes all I have to get it off the stand! I had one for two weeks back in 07, and that was when I was larger and stronger. Just got rid of the Vic, it is okay, but definitely not the comfort I was expecting. The C109R is too top heavy for me, although it does go down the highway nice. I like the Raider, have put about 25,000 miles on it, but it doesn't fit me well and costs $1100 to bring the bars back two inches. I rode a Roadliner for a week when my 9 was in the shop, it was a nice ride, really comfortable on the long haul too. Just got my F3, haven't got many miles on it yet, but the Corbin seat does feel good so far. I am having a problem adjusting to the low RPM engine though, I hit the rev limiter when I think it should just be hitting the powerband. Next on my list is going to be the Rocket, don't know why, but that just seems to be what I have been watching for the last few years.

I have to admit, the X does seem to be the most comfortable of the last couple, hope it stays that way for a while. I think you will like it since you did enjoy the 9. There is no way the 9 should even come with a rear seat.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 04:46 PM

Think about it. It's almost a 10 year old bike. Offer cash now before I buy it. Tell the dealer you will give them 5k. Ask them do they really want it to sit there all winter and pay taxes on it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2005 1300R 87000 miles gone
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 07:27 PM

uploadfromtaptalk1449880033210.jpg

2008 VTX1800N3 Black Tribal / Cobra POWRPRO / Forcewinder Intake / PAIR Valve Delete / Hondaline 18L / Cobra Backrest & Laser Cut Luggage Rack / USB Power Supply / Memphis Shades Batwing / MTC / Not enough Kury stuff
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRobertson View Post

I passed (took to long to decide) on an 06 nomad, loaded down with a bunch of accessories for $3500..... Really thought was a great looking bike and although no X, they seem to be equally solid rides.
Up until I finally found my 1800N, I was kicking myself in the ass....
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 12:00 PM

Yes, the price is a bit high. However, you will not be disappointed with the "N", and it is a Spec 3.

I love my "N"!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2005 VTX 1800N with all the Goodies !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page