Victory or Indian? - VTXOA
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Victory or Indian?

I have started selling a few things off so I can get another motorcycle. Harley is not an option for me so I am considering a Victory or an Indian.

Right now I am leaning towards a 2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster.

Your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 12:16 PM

Garage
I would have a very hard time deciding on a new bike, if I had the ability to choose anything I wanted.
Best of luck on the decision...

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

2009 Indian.....No JMHO
Present day Indian, sure but that 2009 has little to no infrastructure so parts will be nonexistent both OEM and aftermarket. Those years built in NC were of limited production numbers and not very well built. Now, Polaris makes them so they are a ton better and much more reliable. You want a bike to ride buy a Victory and even a Harley of that year 2009 would be better than the Indian

AMA Life Member 721314

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input Spike. What year should I be looking for if I want the Roadmaster (other than 2016)
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 01:04 PM

Test ride the Vic if you are thinking about one. The handlebar grips are too close together and at 70 mph your head will be getting knocked around. That is my initial impression. And the bike is quieter than my X.

2003 1300S. Desmog, ultimates, stealth fairing, fuel pump deleted
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

2013 to present, since Polaris started making their own Indian engines and putting them in their frames. Either way, Victory or Indian both are made by Polaris in the same area of Spirit Lake Iowa. You can get a lot more bike for less with the Vic Cross Country though
Fender60 and OHEvtxr like this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
2013 to present, since Polaris started making their own Indian engines and putting them in their frames. Either way, Victory or Indian both are made by Polaris in the same area of Spirit Lake Iowa. You can get a lot more bike for less with the Vic Cross Country though
Like Spike said The CMC and Kings Mountain "Indians" were just the 2nd & 3rd to last companies to own the Indian name, and they both went under. If the Indian name & style trip your trigger, I'd go with the current nameholder i.e. Polaris, because they're more modern and reliable, parts are assured, and at least Polaris has the deep pockets needed to support the brand, unlike the predecessors. For more of a VTX-like power/performance concept, the Victory are a worthy choice to consider.
OHEvtxr likes this.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxtugg View Post
Test ride the Vic if you are thinking about one. The handlebar grips are too close together and at 70 mph your head will be getting knocked around. That is my initial impression. And the bike is quieter than my X.
Does it have the nutz your VTX has?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

My 2012 Vic XC was a great bike. As much power as the VTX but because of all the extra weight for bags and such it will feel heavier. It moves, fast. Handles better than the VTX, slow and fast. The buffeting was addressed about year ago or so and they now include lowers that helped soften the bffeting. I added lowers to mine and the bike was very quiet going through the air. It's a great touring platform

AMA Life Member 721314
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
My 2012 Vic XC was a great bike. As much power as the VTX but because of all the extra weight for bags and such it will feel heavier. It moves, fast. Handles better than the VTX, slow and fast. The buffeting was addressed about year ago or so and they now include lowers that helped soften the bffeting. I added lowers to mine and the bike was very quiet going through the air. It's a great touring platform
Thanks again Spike. I imagine you have been riding bikes since before I was born (1970) so your opinion matters. If you were in my shoes and about to drop $15000 on a bike which bike would you choose? Harley? Indian? Victory? Other?

Thanks for the input Spike!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page