Ready to Roll... - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Ready to Roll...

I think I have her just about ready to go... just need to wire in my signals on new rear integrated LED tail light and some decent weather... nothing but rain in forecast here in Memphis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1174.jpg (654.8 KB, 36 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 01:59 PM

Garage
Looks good......... Enjoy!

2002 VTX1800R Corbin Young Gun Seat, Programmer III usb, Saddlemen saddlebags, Stealth Fairing, shop built lowers and highway bars, desmoged and 1800 "C" risers.
[B]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
Looks good......... Enjoy!
Thanks Dawg.. Just installed my Mutazu hardbags and Ultimate Big Boy seat... and the seat is ad advertised, I love it. Next add will be a fairing... but the little woman now has me on a spending freeze so I guess that'll have to wait a bit, lol.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 07:11 PM

Garage
I think the fairing will be the cherry on top for your bike. It should look great.

Firstly I always wanted a fat tired cruiser and my R model fit the bill nicely. I finally after three years of owning it bought and installed a fairing on mine and love it.

I'm still running soft saddle bags but have a set of hard bags off a newer Gold Wing that I'm modifying to fit and look good on mine. It's a lot of work but I only have about $50 invested in them and they were coming along nicely. But, then it warmed up and I wanted to ride rather than work on the bike so I took them off and put the soft ones back on. I'll finish the hard bags once it gets too cold to ride again.

I went with a new fairing purchased from a fellow member here and saved some cash so I'm very happy. There are many different makes you can go with depending on how much you want to spend. I installed the Stealth brand that is sold on Ebay a lot. It looks good and the fit and finish was good as well. I did use big fender washers to reinforce where the bolts go thru the fairing into the mounts as that seemed to me to be the one weak spot on this fairing.

Good luck getting the wife to let you finance the fairing soon....... I know how that can be sometimes.

2002 VTX1800R Corbin Young Gun Seat, Programmer III usb, Saddlemen saddlebags, Stealth Fairing, shop built lowers and highway bars, desmoged and 1800 "C" risers.
[B]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 08:22 PM

Looks great. I hope mine looks as good soon.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Shortround..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 09:17 PM

Lookin good, a fairing will totally give it that finished look and you'll love it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page