JorgeMango and Decadence75 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt E View Post
Took her for a good ride today.
I stayed inside because of all the crappy rain we been getting in the area the past couple weeks.

2007 VTX1800T Spec 2 Black/Red
Blogs: ZRX1100 VTX1800
post #23 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 10:05 PM

Garage
Looked at it and thought about what I could do to it next.
nate6966 likes this.

2002 VTX1800R Corbin Young Gun Seat, Programmer III usb, Saddlemen saddlebags, Stealth Fairing, shop built lowers and highway bars, desmoged and 1800 "C" risers.
[B]

post #24 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 03:11 AM

Garage
Those look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
I've done my fork lowers, too, Jorge! I like the look much better than the chrome Kuryakyn covers.

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!
I love what you did to your lowers, and they look like they have been chromed!! You did that just by polishing them?? Could you please pm me and share how you did that so that I can give that a try myself?? I never thought of doing that, and I don't really care for the Kury covers either. I would really appreciate it if don't mind sharing the process with me!

Thanks
post #25 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 03:19 AM

Garage
sorry nate, i didn't read down far enough until now and see that you posted what you did to get them looking like that. lol Guess I should have read farther down, lol. Sorry man, my bad!
nate6966 likes this.
post #26 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 03:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstaVTX1800 View Post
I love what you did to your lowers, and they look like they have been chromed!! You did that just by polishing them?? Could you please pm me and share how you did that so that I can give that a try myself?? I never thought of doing that, and I don't really care for the Kury covers either. I would really appreciate it if don't mind sharing the process with me!

Thanks
Go down a couple posts and he explains what he did. Wet sanded through the grits and polished with a mother's power ball on a drill using the Polish . It's really very simple just keep your paper soaked and push very lightly. I fold up a microfiber towel and soak it with water and use that behind my paper as a way of preventing deep scratches and to keep the paper dripping.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
nate6966 and MonstaVTX1800 like this.

North Texas Rider
post #27 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 03:22 AM

Garage
oh, and by the way. I cleaned and polished her up getting caught in some severe weather with some monsoon like heavy rain, lol. The bike looked terrible and I couldn't ride her on the poker run looking like I just rolled it out of a barn, lol! rained so hard and so heavy that I got water in my rain gear, lol!
JorgeMango likes this.
post #28 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 03:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
oh, and by the way. I cleaned and polished her up getting caught in some severe weather with some monsoon like heavy rain, lol. The bike looked terrible and I couldn't ride her on the poker run looking like I just rolled it out of a barn, lol! rained so hard and so heavy that I got water in my rain gear, lol!
It feels good to Polish with a purpose once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
nate6966 likes this.

North Texas Rider
post #29 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
sorry nate, i didn't read down far enough until now and see that you posted what you did to get them looking like that. lol Guess I should have read farther down, lol. Sorry man, my bad!
No worries! Take your time with it like Jorge said. Doing the same thing to the center of your brake rotors helps a lot for the look, but the coating on the rotors can be pretty thick.

2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - Mustang Seats, Cobra Angled Slashcuts, House of Kolor Blueberry Pearl paint and custom tank badge, lots of chrome, lots of sanding and polishing on the aluminum!
other stuff - HID headlight, airbox decapped plus K&N, ground fix, PAIR/desmog, tail light area minimalized, horn relocation, fwd controls extension, switch spiders removed, reflectors removed, Barnett clutch kit, Cobra FI2000R
post #30 of 1140 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 01:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
No worries! Take your time with it like Jorge said. Doing the same thing to the center of your brake rotors helps a lot for the look, but the coating on the rotors can be pretty thick.

thanks jorge and nate! I can't wait to give this a try and hopefully mine look as good as yours do! I am not too worried about the rotors right this minute cause I am going to be switching to spokes hopefully very soon, lol. Then I will think about doing the rotors, but to no do them would probably look kind of funny, lol. I do have another question as I am not very familiar with wet sanding.... Is the sand paper for wet sanding specifically designed for just that; wet sanding? Or, can I use any old sand paper? If you could help me with that when you have a moment, I would appreciate it.
nate6966 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page