Always ask the wife! - Page 2 - VTXOA
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
At $3k, it looks like she priced it, too. That's a steal!

We've all seen the ads that guys put up on Craigslist when they promise their wife they'll sell the bike...
"2005 GSXR1000, only been down once, plastidipped - $14,000"

"I don't get it, honey. I've had the bike listed for two weeks and no one's interested!"
My neighbor did this a few years ago, rolling his '03 1800 C into his front yard after a fight with his wife over it. He put a 4 sale sign on it, and when I asked him what he was asking, he said 13K. While very nice w/ custom bronze paint w/ ghost flames, and lots of other goodies, it was not worth that on an open market. An hr. later after she saw what he did, she stormed out into the yard and yanked the sale sign off, and stormed back into the house, LOL.
jammerwalker, BANDANA and nate6966 like this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I got lucky. My wife never rode on a bike before she met me. Once I got her on the back she loved it. She eventually wants her own.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
jammerwalker and nate6966 like this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:17 PM

My wife has never been on a bike with anyone but me. When we married I had red 76' Goldwing that I had bought new a couple of years earlier and she instantly loved riding with me and has been riding with me ever since. It's pretty rare that we don't make at-least one 200+ mile ride every month, usually several. When we bought the VTX 3 years ago for $5200 she was a major decision maker in the deal. It's Worth every penny to us considering that we got $5200 worth of fun out of it the first year we had it.
rangers4u likes this.

2003 VTX 1800R

Last edited by pushrod; 09-16-2016 at 12:19 PM.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:56 PM

TheMind of a Wife!

> Husband's call:
>
>Honey it's me. I don't want to alarm you but I was hit by a car as I was
> leaving the office.
>
> Paula brought me to the hospital. They have checked me over and done some
> tests and some x-rays. The blow to my head was severe. Fortunately it did
> not cause any serious internal injury.
>
> However I do have three broken ribs, a compound fracture in the leftleg,
> and they think they may have to amputate my right foot."
>

>Wife's Response:
>Who is Paula?
House O' Pain and rangers4u like this.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
If you look really closely, you can see tears in the guys eyes.

I've never let a woman tell me what to do concerning my motorcycles, but my sister sold her husbands motorcycle after he crashed it (it was still mostly OK). Sometimes the woman wear the pants.....

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 05:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Eye View Post
I got lucky. My wife never rode on a bike before she met me. Once I got her on the back she loved it. She eventually wants her own.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I had a similar but opposite situation. Before we got married, my wife knew I had a bike ('72 Ironhead Sporty-kick ONLY), but she didn't like riding on the back with me on that tall narrow pillion. When I was thinking about getting another one, she sat down on a VLX600, and said, "I can ride this!" Well, I had already seen and fell for a VT750DC Spirit with flames on the tank, so she says, "You get that one, and I'll get this one!" Since the two Hondas (at $11.5k) were LESS than the one HD (Night Train Softtail - at nearly 18k and change financed) I had been eyeing, I just couldn't pass it up! When I had a GL1200 Goldwing, she would ride behind me, but she still prefers to ride her own. Now, she's wanting to get a trike!!
rangers4u likes this.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 05:40 PM

You mite have the last word on the bikes....but ck credit her history...mine had $40K in CC debt...had statements delivered to P.O. Box...I got rid of her...woman's scorn..
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 09:33 AM
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
ouch.....that reflection shows his man card in her pocket too[/QUOTE

I don't think it's his man card....... Whatever it is there are two of them!
In a jar.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
House O' Pain likes this.

Bub Club member #361
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 09:47 AM

man that's a cryin shame . you know I mostly agree with the if mamma aint happy deal .but sometimes you also need to grow some and stand your ground !! After all there are cases of a MANS gotta do what a MANS gotta do!! and I for one think there are far to many men who've forgotten how to be a MAN !!

texasmike
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1300c 8 degree rake, cobra pipes, c&c seat, darkside and lots more
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Seasoned Member

I agree.

It's also not like he went out and dropped 20G's on a new HD. He bought a 3K used bike. Push back a little. I know my wife spends a solid 2 grand a year on mail order crap, I don't know many women that don't spend that kind of money on shoes/other misc crap.

Grow a set and tell her the bike isn't going anywhere.

Bub Club member #361

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page