Always ask the wife! - VTXOA
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Always ask the wife!

So I am currently looking through adds online just to see what's out there and to keep me on target for saving to get an 1800. Came across an add 02 vtx1800c $3000 well didn't take long to figure out why it was being sold...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 08:20 PM

Garage
ouch.....that reflection shows his man card in her pocket too
rangers4u and nate6966 like this.

Am not going gray, I am going chrome.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
He looks all broken....lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Curt E and nate6966 like this.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 01:10 AM

Garage
At $3k, it looks like she priced it, too. That's a steal!

We've all seen the ads that guys put up on Craigslist when they promise their wife they'll sell the bike...
"2005 GSXR1000, only been down once, plastidipped - $14,000"

"I don't get it, honey. I've had the bike listed for two weeks and no one's interested!"

2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - Mustang Seats, Cobra Angled Slashcuts, House of Kolor Blueberry Pearl paint and custom tank badge, lots of chrome, lots of sanding and polishing on the aluminum!
other stuff - HID headlight, airbox decapped plus K&N, ground fix, PAIR/desmog, tail light area minimalized, horn relocation, fwd controls extension, switch spiders removed, reflectors removed, Barnett clutch kit, Cobra FI2000R
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
At $3k, it looks like she priced it, too. That's a steal!

We've all seen the ads that guys put up on Craigslist when they promise their wife they'll sell the bike...
"2005 GSXR1000, only been down once, plastidipped - $14,000"

"I don't get it, honey. I've had the bike listed for two weeks and no one's interested!"
Wait til a few weeks before and after Christmas. That's when bikes are really being 'ditched'. Looking at picking up a low miler myself. God bless my late wife but, I took care of my family and whatever I did with my motorcycles was my business. Can't even imagine dealing with that crap!
nate6966 likes this.

Jimbo. 1800c, Drag Bars, Drag Pipes, Chrome Wheels, 31T Ring Gear, BadX Extreme Seat, SOTMC Shocks, 200 Rear Tire, Elimination of all Non-essentials, Kingdom of Kicks.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 08:10 AM

Garage
If momma aint happy aint nobody happy.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 08:29 AM

Garage
Same Jimbo,

my bikes came before my wife did.. and she knows it.

my wedding ring is on my little finger..
Here it means there is a condition on the marriage . married for 43 years.

she can not say/do anything about my motorcycles... If I have the money and want a bike.. I get it.

she did ride behind me from 1971 to 2004. when she said, she will no longer ride.. I then said..
I no longer need a Goldwing... and started the search for a New bike.. and did Feb. 2005 a VTX1800F....

fyi.. from 1983 to 2002.. had both a Goldwing and a sport bike. and various 70's CB750's.
75, 83, 86 wings, and 83 VF750F and later 88 CBR1000F. (all New)
Jimbo likes this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 86,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 09-16-2016 at 08:36 AM.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Old Goat

I always found it was better to ask forgiveness than permission.................................... course Im single now.....LOL
Curt E and JorgeMango like this.

Phil...(71)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 09:32 AM

Garage
Yep, my wife doesn't say much anymore about my bikes and at time Bikes. I right now have two.

Funny story......... When we married the one caveat "No Motorcycles!" She feels them unsafe and being a worrier said it's one less thing to worry about if I don't have one.

Well, I have always enjoyed them and had many, of course it had been many, many years. So I work on the road and I'm always searching Craigslist anywhere I go, looking for a deal on anything I can re-sell. So first I bring home a 250cc sccoter...... Not much in the way of "upset" so I fix it and ride it a bit. Then I quickly moved up too a Yamaha 400 scooter. Still, not too upset but not as happy as with the smaller one. I told her then..... I've always enjoyed riding bikes and just can't get the thoughts of them off my mind.

So, I go out to work on June 8, three years ago and while on site (Work for an auction company) I get a chance to pick up a 2002 1800R. Just serviced, new tires, Corbin seat, fuel programmer and aftermarket pipes. A nice looking bike and real eye catcher. I knew I couldn't bring it home so even when the auctioneer saying, try it out, I avoided it. That is until the day before the auction. He asked me to move it and I was hooked. So, I told him, I'm all in at $3500 thinking it would bring more and I'd be off the hook. No such luck, I bought it for $3400.

I was gone from June 8, too October 8 and was only home for 2 days over the 4th of July holiday. So, I arrive home on October 8th with trailer in tow. (Bike in the trailer along with tools and such) The wife meets me in the driveway telling me how happy she is that I'm home. I tell her " You won't be quite so happy when you see what you bought me for Christmas" I have to say, while not quite happy, she took it well. And while she still worries when I'm riding, she does feed that by letting me know about group rides, rallies and poker runs. Now she just tells me...... "Be Careful"

So, I don't see pictures like this in my future! Just had to share that story too!

2002 VTX1800R Corbin Young Gun Seat, Programmer III usb, Saddlemen saddlebags, Stealth Fairing, shop built lowers and highway bars, desmoged and 1800 "C" risers.
[B]
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 09:35 AM

Garage
[QUOTE=Wizza;4083449]ouch.....that reflection shows his man card in her pocket too[/QUOTE

I don't think it's his man card....... Whatever it is there are two of them!

2002 VTX1800R Corbin Young Gun Seat, Programmer III usb, Saddlemen saddlebags, Stealth Fairing, shop built lowers and highway bars, desmoged and 1800 "C" risers.
[B]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page