Had to get out my cold weather gear... - VTXOA
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Had to get out my cold weather gear...

With morning commute temps down in the 40's (even hit 38F once this past week), I've had to get out the liner for my jacket and my thicker gloves.
This time of year poses that awkward balance of cold in the morning and warm in the afternoon (high 60's or 70's). I'm happy I've picked up this little tool bag this past summer! It gives me an easy place to carry the other gloves. I don't have to choose between cold hands and sweaty hands!

Colors in the trees and shrubs are just starting to change. Should make for some beautiful rides coming up!

What kind of riding weather are you guys having?

2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - Mustang Seats, Cobra Angled Slashcuts, House of Kolor Blueberry Pearl paint and custom tank badge, lots of chrome, lots of sanding and polishing on the aluminum!
other stuff - HID headlight, airbox decapped plus K&N, ground fix, PAIR/desmog, tail light area minimalized, horn relocation, fwd controls extension, switch spiders removed, reflectors removed, Barnett clutch kit, Cobra FI2000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 02:42 PM

Currently (13:38 EST) it's 90F with 63% humidity. Thank goodness Fall arrived yesterday.

I have a 15 year old Gerbing electric vest and my favorite thing about it is I can add a lot of warmth when the sun is down and yet still not have a lot of extra bulk when the day heats up.
nate6966 and VTXRN like this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnOne2000 View Post
Currently (13:38 EST) it's 90F with 63% humidity. Thank goodness Fall arrived yesterday.

I have a 15 year old Gerbing electric vest and my favorite thing about it is I can add a lot of warmth when the sun is down and yet still not have a lot of extra bulk when the day heats up.
Not gonna lie... I'm jealous of southerners in the late fall, winter, and early spring. But then I remember the summers as a kid in Florida and also my years in Houston.

Sent from my... wait - No free advertising here!
rangers4u likes this.

2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - Mustang Seats, Cobra Angled Slashcuts, House of Kolor Blueberry Pearl paint and custom tank badge, lots of chrome, lots of sanding and polishing on the aluminum!
other stuff - HID headlight, airbox decapped plus K&N, ground fix, PAIR/desmog, tail light area minimalized, horn relocation, fwd controls extension, switch spiders removed, reflectors removed, Barnett clutch kit, Cobra FI2000R

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:15 PM

The difference (for me) is that when I lived in Ohio the best riding was the summer which also has the most daylight. In Florida, my best weather has the shortest days and longest nights.
nate6966 likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:26 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnOne2000 View Post

Same here in Daytona Beach, but you fell a little fall in the air. Come mid October it should be nicer and cooler. Better riding conditions.
nate6966 likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:31 PM

Cool

Don't like the cold cold, but the summer here has had heat index of 100 degree's to 110. And it's hot riding. The winter in the day time is ideal.
nate6966 likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:48 PM

Do we have seasons down here? I swear its like spring and summer. When its hot you sweat through everything you have on, and then, your sweat itself sweats. I think its still high 70s in the morning and then 90s during the day.
nate6966 and steveroy60 like this.

2004 VTX 1300c - Hypercharger, FP Jet Kit, V&H Cruzers
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 05:13 PM

Nate6966, I started looking for my cold weather gear. Not sure I'd recognize it. Might need it later next week. We should see maybe as low as 79 in the daytime in a few days in Dallas, Texas.

I have been laid up with a broken leg but feel I have missed nothing in the way of riding down here. The temps have been high and the humidity has made them even worse. It has been about like Houston.

X mother in law lived in Spokane area. Her husband's family had many acres of wheat south of Spokane. I really liked it up there. I could have moved there. She was OK but her daughter (X wife)

It reminded me of the wheat country in Oklahoma and Texas but with hills, real seasons (not ice then mostly heat) and even trees.
TurnOne2000 and nate6966 like this.

My VTX as used on Race Tech site.I'm70 rode 07 Black Cherry VTX 1300R to 49 States+DC & 11 Provinces, 140,000mi+Yamaha RSV,42,000mi,both w/aux tank & Race Tech SuspensionIBA:Mile Eater Bronze &Silver,SS3000,3xSS2000,EclipseSS1000Gold, 20SS1000,6xBB1500,3TX1000,NPT 29/76; Lake Superior Circle Tour 15 to 20K per yr between the two MCs
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 05:49 PM

Changing shirts

If I go out to do one thing I need a clean shirt and/or a shower. The humidity is what gets me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXRN View Post
Do we have seasons down here? I swear its like spring and summer. When its hot you sweat through everything you have on, and then, your sweat itself sweats. I think its still high 70s in the morning and then 90s during the day.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 07:48 PM

Garage
85'f here in S Mizzoo today, same forecast tomorrow, rain Sunday, then daytime temps of mid 70's next week!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!

(I was saying to the missus, 4 real 3month seasons would suit me better than a 3 month Winter with days in the 60's, 2 month spring & autumn, & an endless HOT 5 month Summer that is no fun at all!!!)

VTX 1800C
Kawasaki Versys
Honda Shadow

Mick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page