Resale values are skyrocketing - maybe just a delusional seller - Page 2 - VTXOA
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 06:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanuan View Post
That's quite a bit more than I gave for my 2007 1800T 2 years ago, with less than 600 miles on it!!! And as far as the jet pack goes, I think you get those from the ACME company... Let's see if any of the "youngsters" get this reference!!!

C and rr

Red '04 1300C, Corbin DT, Hondaline WS and backrest, 1300R bars w/TM risers and Iso grips and Brakeaway, Cobra Slashdowns, Foot's Mod, buffed wheels, Progressive fork springs, PaPa's Down Under bracket ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 08:38 AM

Thats what I paid from my 2003 VTX1800 brand new off the show room floor in October 2004. That included Title, Tax, and 5 year warranty. When I see a bike like this my first thoughts are: 1) are those 14 year old tires?; Are the rubber hoses dry rotted?; Do I really believe they changed the brake and clutch fluid every two years as specified by Honda; Is that 14 year old oil in the crankcase?; Is that 14 year old coolant in the radiator? After paying a premium price for a 14 year old motorcycle, how much more will I have to pay to bring it up to a safe operating standard? Will my $8,000, 14 year old motorcycle suddenly be a $9,000 motorcycle with 15 or 20 hours of personal time invested fix 14 years of neglect in the first month ow ownership? Others will simply change the oil and start driving, thinking they got a great deal. Maybe yes, maybe no.
nate6966 and Dead Eye like this.

2003 VTX 1800 C, Rinehart Exhaust, Hypercharger, PCIII, Custom map for each cylinder, 1300 FD, Spec 3 F-wheels, 200x50x18 Metzler
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 04:27 PM

I can tell ya from my experience, everybody and their momma wants too much for ALL the decent looking bikes that I've seen both on CL and ebay. They ain't gitting it plain and simple unless of course someone has had enough of the hassle, and drops the price where it is immediately snatched up faster than a cat can lick himself.

This was me on my last bike... I had people coming out the wazoo wanting the bike. There is a magic price on all bikes! Depends how bad the seller wants to sell or the buyer wants to buy.
nate6966 likes this.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 10:32 AM

Nice looking bike, but they didn't check the Blue Book.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page