New Lid, Great Price! - VTXOA
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

New Lid, Great Price!

All things come to an end and my HJC-Sy-Max was no exception. I didn't realize I had owned it for 8 yrs until I notice a few signs of minor wear on the inside and went back to see when I actually purchased it. Dang thing still looked almost new on the outside. I give HJC a 9 on this helmet a little quieter and it would have been a 10. Nevertheless, after spending a couple of months looking and trying on new helmets I decided to go with a Nolan N104 Evo. I'd liked the Nolan N90 back in the day but never forked over the cash to buy one. Not that I didn't think my noggin was worth it but the HJC Symax seemed just as good for a couple of hundred dollars less.

Now times have changed and the Nolan N104 Evo had some great reviews and was a great fit for my head. When I tried it on a month or so ago it was selling for $449.00. Now its selling for $259.00!!! Good thing I waited If your looking for a new modular lid I don't think you can beat this deal without adding another $300-$400 to it.

steveroy60 and 051800N3 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 10:53 AM

Garage
Looks like a great buy, & well worth a 9/10 helmet.

Just to sidetrack your great find, (also realise l'm a greenhorn Brit on these matters) what is the "right" helmet
to wear on a large cruiser, because I have a flip face & a standard (multi coloured) Bell full face, but have been advised (by my 'mercun missus) that I should be wearing a half helmet to add to the "old geek on a bike" badass attitude I need to develop.

I realise that full face is the sensible way to go, 'specially seein' as how I am fighting the sensibility of putting my quick detach windscreen back on the bike, but l'm a looks over practicality kind o' guy, even if my neck muscles size has doubled & my arms are 2inches longer than before l bought the bike.......................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160922_104302.jpg (399.0 KB, 22 views)

VTX 1800C
Kawasaki Versys
Honda Shadow

Mick
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

It really hard to say what the "right" helmet is for someone. It all depends on a number of things like: 1) make sure its DOT or the UK equivalent; ensure it fit securely but comfortably on your noggin; 3) determine what type of helmet you want (half lid, full face, modular, etc.). Beyond that its the rider's choice. I actually have a combination of helmets, modular, 3/4 and half helmets. Typically ride with my modular so I can flip it up when sightseeing, and have full face protection on the road at speed. Typically, I only wear the half helmet when I'm stop and go at a bike rally type event and doing more walking the bike than actually riding.

Ultimately, its your choice, but you can check out some of the helmet reviews on sites that DO NOT sale helmets. I have found those to be the most unbiased reviews.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 12:56 PM

Looks nice wish I could justify it.

2004 VTX 1300c - Hypercharger, FP Jet Kit, V&H Cruzers
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 09:27 PM

I own 7-8 helmets and they're all half
Actually, that's not true, I have a full face for my girls....

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 01:10 AM

So where do you get that price

05 1300S 6901 miles at start 114600 gave to a friend.
03 1800 R
dyno results 97.55 HP 110.22 torque
Yamaha tenere adv hot ride.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
So where do you get that price
What he said. I can't find it anywhere even close that price
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthree View Post
What he said. I can't find it anywhere even close that price
I bought it from www.MotorcycleGear.com which use to be New Enough. Here's the link
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...AoUaAlca8P8HAQ

You can google Nolan n104 Evo and find several vendors at that price or close. I think Nolan will be releasing something new between now and spring, but I've never seen their top of the line helmets at this price. Plus it includes the new "no fog" pinlock shield which eliminate for on the face shield.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 10:08 AM

Garage
He's spot on with the price guys, like he said MSRP: $449.95, Our Price: $259.00

I also like my modular up to now for protection when on the move & better all round vision when poodling around town centers or places of interest, the only problem is when l forget it's flipped up & pick up some speed after the sightseeing episode!!!!

VTX 1800C
Kawasaki Versys
Honda Shadow

Mick
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 10:15 AM

That's a great deal. I've ordered from those guys before. They have some phenominal deals on occassion and excellent customer service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page