Don't buy one !!!!!!! - Page 2 - VTXOA
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 03:10 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=frnkcat;4202289]YA we have some wind issues here also...
Garage door blew in one day ~ 60 mph+ gusts...
$500 down the drain....
Cant/wont put patio furniture out. But have looked at some Concrete tables & benches??? Hmmm
Out side shelters.
Have thought about Ocean Containers as the only option.

Just remember the choice you made when those concrete benches come flying through your window!!!!
wayne and frnkcat like this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 05:28 PM
bdm

We had ice and high wind here tree came down knocked down my fence mother nature sucks lol
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 12:01 AM

My Harbor Freight tree blew over today as it was blowin' a damned gale. They didn't even warn me to move the tractor first.

'03 1800R

Last edited by primus; 01-28-2017 at 12:38 AM.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primus View Post
My Harbor Freight tree blew over today as it was blowin' a damned gale. They didn't even warn me to move the tractor first.

Obviously a defective tree. Must have been the cheap Chinese roots. HF should replace the tree and tractor.

2007 1300C with Woody's Fairing, HD King Tour Pack, and Cavalry Hard Bags.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 11:27 AM

With a tractor like that, you must have a chain saw too. Firewood for cold nights?

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsavage View Post
While back I brought one of the garages that they always have on sale ,well the storm we had Sunday the darn thing got shredded like no tomorrow. But hers is the funny thing when the Hurricane came through I had know problem with it. I called Harbor Freight and they told me oh well the warranty is only 90 days ,and they gave me a number to call to see if they make a replacement for the garage left a number for a return call STILL WAITING.
I feel your pain, but a quick check before buying would have shown hundreds (not exaggerating) of complaints just like yours on these sheds. You may be able to get satisfaction by checking with your state's consumer affairs dept and/or the BBB. Despite stated warrantees, there is usually a "warranty of merchantability" which means regardless of written promises when you buy something, it has to reasonably work for its intended purpose. A pair of tennis shoes may come from a store with a sign that says "no returns" but if you step in a puddle and the soles fall off, most States would back you in a refund or exchange because tennis shoes regularly get wet. That's more clear cut than if your conditions exceeded some kind of expectations for the shelter (like 4 feet of wet snow) but it's worth a shot IMHO. I know people who use them in the warm months (Wisconsin) to keep pine sap off their cars or golf carts up at a seasonal RV park and they get 1-2 years out of them with the cover stored indoors over the Winter.

Last edited by Glenn W; 01-28-2017 at 01:16 PM.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
With a tractor like that, you must have a chain saw too. Firewood for cold nights?
I tried to fire up the chainsaw but either the gas had already varnished or the saw has Chinese roots. I resorted to an electric reciprocating saw to hack the tree up. I've no fireplace but I hear pepper trees make for lousy firewood anyhow.

I was very fortunate that the roll bar kept the tree from smashing the rest of the tractor.
rangers4u likes this.

'03 1800R
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primus View Post
I tried to fire up the chainsaw but either the gas had already varnished or the saw has Chinese roots. I resorted to an electric reciprocating saw to hack the tree up. I've no fireplace but I hear pepper trees make for lousy firewood anyhow.

I was very fortunate that the roll bar kept the tree from smashing the rest of the tractor.
Maybe it was one of those Ikea Trees, that never seem to end up like the picture on the box? ☺
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 08:08 PM

Apologies for hijack. I treat my chainsaw fuel the same as my VTX fuel. Seafoam. The saws( 2, a 18" Husqvarna and a 14" Echo) sits a LOT longer than the bike. And will mess up the carb and plug faster than the bike or tractor.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page