Lost my key - Page 2 - VTXOA
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXCRZR View Post
13 years ago when I bought my VTX new I got 2 keys. In spite of the fact that I have never lost a key in my life and due in large part to similar discussions on this board I developed a paranoia about losing my keys. So within about a month of purchasing my new VTX I had a spare key made to use on a daily basis and keep my original keys in the file cabinet along with the title. OMG, I just realized that after 13 years I know where my title is too. Well compared to my peer group in this thread, something must be the matter with me because after 13 years and over 125,000 miles later including multiple SaddleSore 1000s, Bun Burner 1500s, and CC50s, as well as a host of more casual rides, I still have all three keys. Anybody know of a good counseling group I could go to, I obviously need help? I hear public admission of this affliction is an important first step. But whats next, I've tried leaving my key in the garage, in the kitchen, in my pockets.....etc, but every time I go back and look, they are always right where I left them. One time I put my keys on top of my dresser and didn't ride my bike for 6 whole days, when I went back to look for my keys, yet again they were right where I left them.

Until last weekend I was right there with you.
SeaSteve likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Wolfpack
Normally the dealer may not carry blank Key's but MOST Honda Car Dealers will have the blanks (guess a Honda is a Honda)
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
13 years ago when I bought my VTX new I got 2 keys. In spite of the fact that I have never lost a key in my life and due in large part to similar discussions on this board I developed a paranoia about losing my keys. So within about a month of purchasing my new VTX I had a spare key made to use on a daily basis and keep my original keys in the file cabinet along with the title. OMG, I just realized that after 13 years I know where my title is too. Well compared to my peer group in this thread, something must be the matter with me because after 13 years and over 125,000 miles later including multiple SaddleSore 1000s, Bun Burner 1500s, and CC50s, as well as a host of more casual rides, I still have all three keys. Anybody know of a good counseling group I could go to, I obviously need help? I hear public admission of this affliction is an important first step. But whats next, I've tried leaving my key in the garage, in the kitchen, in my pockets.....etc, but every time I go back and look, they are always right where I left them. One time I put my keys on top of my dresser and didn't ride my bike for 6 whole days, when I went back to look for my keys, yet again they were right where I left them.
I like your story , but like these kinds better:
"I got my bike with only one key and never bothered to get at least one copy. I just lost my only key. What to do now?"

VTX 1800/280
You can say anything stupid. It's the internet. No real consequences for YOU.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:54 AM

Garage
ACE hardware made me one cheap..
old bill likes this.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:48 PM

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.ph...ed-In-ONE-Post I found this info on this board 2 yrs ago & saved the info. Hope this helps any/ every one."Old"Bill
KODIAK35 likes this.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Now, the rest of the story... Last Friday night we had a block party and myself, along with a couple neighbors had a few drinks. Somewhere in the conversation motorcycles came up. Naturally, I fired the bike up and revved the motor a little bit. My daughter (knowing I was drinking) decided it would be best if she took the keys. The next day when I did decide to ride is when I realized I "lost" the key. In my 30 years of driving/riding I've never lost any keys so I never thought about a spare. This past week I did take the ignition out (surprisingly easy) but was reunited with my precious key before I made it to the locksmith.
frnkcat likes this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:07 PM

Garage
Just in case no one local to you can make a Honda Motorcycle key...

Last year I found a "locksmith" on Ebay who can make Honda keys from the code on the ignition. The site provided several disclaimers about being a genuine and trust worthy locksmith and 100% positive feedback. He was even able to identify a number I couldn't read correctly.
KODIAK35 likes this.

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram, on a silver-black PHANTOM bike!
Meatloaf~Bat Out Of Hell

2002 1800 "S"
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KODIAK35 View Post
Until last weekend I was right there with you.
I hear ya, after posting this I am assuming that it will just be a matter of (short) time before I lose my keys.
KODIAK35 likes this.

2003 VTX 1800 C, Rinehart Exhaust, Hypercharger, PCIII, Custom map for each cylinder, 1300 FD, Spec 3 F-wheels, 200x50x18 Metzler
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 02:45 PM

Garage
Under one of the side covers, attached by Velcro.......

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 05:33 PM

My first out of state ride I heard the story of a man who flushed his key and had no spare. From that day forward I've always had a spare in the tool bag under the left side cover. Needed it the other day when I dropped my key at the store. And you know I'm having a spare spare made asap.

It is the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered. -Aeschylus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page