Considering an Ultimate Big Boy Seat - Page 3 - VTXOA
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanuan View Post
I am talking with one of the members on here about buying his Ultimate Big Boy seat combo for my 2007 1800T. With all the knowledge on here, just thought I would bounce it off you folks, before I decided to pull the trigger (so to speak). I know most of the advantages of the seat, but concerned if there is any "downside" of replacing my Mean City Cycle modified stock seat with the Ultimate Big Boy. I am 6'-1" and weigh 240lbs.
Feedback would be appreciated. It's a good chunk of change to pay for something that I've never sat on before.
Thanks.

Curious as to what MCC Mod you had done and what is wrong with it?
I just paid for my MCC Mod and the seat is in transport back to me.

FWIW, the research I did on the Ultimate is that the only downside would be that the Big Boy positions you higher than stock which may be an issue for some. At 6'1" I doubt you will have trouble reaching the controls but if your sitting higher it might not feel right at first.
I am 5'7" so I went with the MCC Mods and not changing the Seat Height.
Best of luck with your Decision
Steve

Check out pics of the VTX(and previous Bikes) here: http://community.webshots.com/user/gixxersteve_o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
[QUOTE=WannaBVTXRdr;4330409]Curious as to what MCC Mod you had done and what is wrong with it?
I just paid for my MCC Mod and the seat is in transport back to me.

FWIW, the research I did on the Ultimate is that the only downside would be that the Big Boy positions you higher than stock which may be an issue for some. At 6'1" I doubt you will have trouble reaching the controls but if your sitting higher it might not feel right at first.
I am 5'7" so I went with the MCC Mods and not changing the Seat Height.
Best of luck with your Decision
Steve

I have absolutely NO issues with my MCC modification. Was just looking at a possible opportunity to upgrade, if the price was right. If not, I'm perfectly content to continue riding what I have. You'll enjoy the seat, once you get it back on your bike.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page