So long, and thanks for all the...cookies! - Page 2 - VTXOA
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 05:49 PM

Jammer,

Congrats. Please do post pics, I love the SuperGlide and Lowrider.

You will find some great guys on HDForums,
https://www.hdforums.com/

I spend some time there, but the forum boards move much quicker there. Much more discussion there than here, sometimes it's tough to keep up so you will need to use the subscribe feature to keep an eye on what's important. I also visit RoadGlide Forums, maybe there's a similar model specific board for the SuperGlide or the Dynas more generally.

I still love to hang here, fun discussions. I'm spending more time in the HotBox here, but keep up with the Active Topics more generally.

Again, congrats! I'm glad you are happy with your purchase, sounds like you got a great deal.
jammerwalker likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa_Poser View Post
Congratulations on your new bike !!!!

Some of us are very partial to those Dyna's.....
Thanks! Yeah, it's a SWEET ride!! Now, for the "Addiction", to make it MINE! Wife has already said I need to get a comfortable seat for her, something like a touring seat, but I want one that has good lower back support for me, since I'm probably going to be riding it every day. She also wants some decent sized saddlebags, and I want either a tach or louder pipes so I can better know where the engine is, though louder pipes would be MY preference, unless I can get both cheap! If you know of a good place to get parts at a decent price, please let me know.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:54 PM

Congratulations on the new to you bike. I just bought a new to me 2008 Yamaha Stratoliner. My VTX has 65000 miles on it and would not be able to get much for it so I kept it so friends can borrow and ride it if they need to. The best part of your story is giving an old bike to a friend. Enjoy the ride.

By the way. There is not a better forum out there than this one. At least I have not found it.
jammerwalker likes this.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 10:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa_Poser View Post
[COLOR=DarkRed][B][SIZE=4].
Some of us are very partial to those Dyna's.....
And you better get one now because H-D just killed the Dyna. https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ine-kills-dyna

USAF Retired 2008
PGR Ride Captain
VFW Life Member
American Legion Riders
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 10:55 PM

Its been a pleasure! Ride safe
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Congrats on your new bike and great gesture on your part pass along the positive waves
Thanks! We just thought it was the "right thing to do", for our friend, who has been DYING to get back on a bike for at least the 4 years that I've known him, PLUS him having stage 4 liver cancer, and dealing with all the doctors, and insurance, and time away from work for treatments. This REALLY brought his spirits up to a whole new level! He's so excited and happy now, with the prospects of getting a liver from a living donor AND getting a nice bike to ride again. All that, plus bringing him to tears of joy when we told him, made it ALL worth it!!

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
And you better get one now because H-D just killed the Dyna. https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ine-kills-dyna
This changes the ENTIRE "Softtail/Dyna" lineup to be pretty much the SAME, except for the Touring and Sportster lines! Most folks who like the Harley "look", being styled very much like the old "originals", are going to HATE this. Granted, there are some improvements in weight and cornering ability, but I think this is crazy, because you're alienating MUCH of your "base" buyers, who have been buying for YEARS because they ARE mostly the same. However it is also, as some have noted, probably due to trying to improve Overseas sales, though it may end up hurting US sales some. Since HD has been in decline due to metric bike sales, I'm not sure this is the best overall move for them. However, I'm not a stockholder nor a diehard fan, so maybe my humble opinion doesn't matter to the big wigs there. Time will tell...

(((=-JammeR-=)))

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:44 AM

Garage
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:08 PM

Garage
Not a fan of those ugly large exhausts or that fat front tire.
Loved the Dyna.....

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:13 PM

I thought only "dark side" fools got cookies?Anyways, good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page