Unsuccessful Negotiations For A Valkyrie - Page 2 - VTXOA
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
[QUOTE=jpoutlaw;4512250]I added another bike this year..... insurance went up $1. As far as parking that in another "lady's garage"..... that's the red flag for the wife. Make it fit at home or it's definitely not happening (or at least in this house hold).

Not any issue there. Neighbor widow. Doesn't get around well. Deb and I take care of her trash, lawn, etc. Right next door. My VTX actually resides there full time. She offered the space, after her husband died and she sold his car. I graciously accepted the invitation.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 01:01 PM

When I bought my second bike, a Fatboy, my wife wasn't happy. I told her I wouldn't ride it so no insurance or yearly riding tax needed but planned to put it in our living. Then she really got furious......
We are still together
Dartanuan likes this.

brothers in arms:
2003 VTX 1800C (new)
2002 HD FLSTF since 07/2008

" Today you raised more questions than giving answers "

Last edited by fastspek; 05-10-2018 at 01:06 PM.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanuan View Post
One of the members on here, and I, have been in some serious discussions about a 1998 Valkyrie. This bike has been completely restored, carbs rebuilt, dealer checked, and was owned by a collector, who didn't put many miles on the bike. I have always liked the Valkyrie and thought it would be a nice addition to my "stable". Bruce and I worked out almost all of the details, but then there was the final obstacle to overcome -- Getting the blessing from the wife!!!

Here's how the conversation went -- Her comments/questions vs. my answers (which were partially contributed by Bruce, in a "pre-meeting" discussion)

Where are we going to keep TWO bikes?? --- I actually have a neighbor who was going to let me keep it in her garage,, provided that she got a ride from time to time (on the bike).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanuan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpoutlaw View Post
. As far as parking that in another "lady's garage"..... that's the red flag for the wife. Make it fit at home or it's definitely not happening (or at least in this house hold).
Not any issue there. Neighbor widow. Doesn't get around well. Deb and I take care of her trash, lawn, etc. Right next door. My VTX actually resides there full time. She offered the space, after her husband died and she sold his car. I graciously accepted the invitation.
Requiring more interaction with the widow next door, and a ride from time to time with her wrapped around you... might be more of an issue than you think. You know your wife better than we do, but this sort of an arrangement might give all but the exceptionally secure man or woman pause. There's a difference between helping out, and being beholden to someone, and repaying that with close physical contact. Is the widow lady attractive?
nate6966 likes this.

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 03:22 PM

Garage
I have loved my VTX ever since I got it but I have lusted for a Valkyrie especially the interstate edition since before I started riding. If I could only have one bike I would put the VTX up for sale in a heartbeat. That being said I would also bluff the old lady and tell her that I would put it up for sale after I picked up the Valk and then maybe never get around to it....
VTX53R, Dartanuan and Curt E like this.

8,000K HID Head Light Conversion, ISO FlameGrips, Kury Turn Signal Mirrors, Mustang seat W/ Driver Backrest, Paladin Backrest/luggage Rack/Saddlebags.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Old Goat

Back in the day I went to look at a beautiful interstate but don’t remember the year...seems the guys wife had told him her or the bike....dude had it priced so high no way it was gonna sell....
RBS, rangers4u, Dartanuan and 1 others like this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,DARKSIDE,foots mod.. ..
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 05:37 PM
bdm

Good luck with you purchase my wife is the same way
Dartanuan likes this.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 08:36 PM

I just sold this beautiful 1997 Valk a couple of days ago. Not even I could justify having three cruisers - now I'm down to my 2016 Indian Vintage and my 2003 VTX1800R. Oh well, I'm still a happy camper. And so is my wife.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Valk 1.jpg (535.2 KB, 2 views)
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtox View Post
Requiring more interaction with the widow next door, and a ride from time to time with her wrapped around you... might be more of an issue than you think. You know your wife better than we do, but this sort of an arrangement might give all but the exceptionally secure man or woman pause. There's a difference between helping out, and being beholden to someone, and repaying that with close physical contact. Is the widow lady attractive?
The first time I saw a black 2005 Valkyrie Rune, I thought it should be Batman's bike.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:27 PM

I found a 2005 Spec 3 N with only 650 miles. My 2003R has 45K. I didn't tell the wife but I got it and plan to sell the R after I transfer some of the goodies.
Dartanuan likes this.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt E View Post
If momma aint happy, no one's happy..
If Momma ain't happy, you've set expectations way too high
Curt E likes this.

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page