VTXOA

VTXOA (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/)
-   General MC Message Board (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/5-general-mc-message-board/)
-   -   Unsuccessful Negotiations For A Valkyrie (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/5-general-mc-message-board/451530-unsuccessful-negotiations-valkyrie.html)

Dartanuan 05-10-2018 08:24 AM

Unsuccessful Negotiations For A Valkyrie

One of the members on here, and I, have been in some serious discussions about a 1998 Valkyrie. This bike has been completely restored, carbs rebuilt, dealer checked, and was owned by a collector, who didn't put many miles on the bike. I have always liked the Valkyrie and thought it would be a nice addition to my "stable". Bruce and I worked out almost all of the details, but then there was the final obstacle to overcome -- Getting the blessing from the wife!!!

Here's how the conversation went -- Her comments/questions vs. my answers (which were partially contributed by Bruce, in a "pre-meeting" discussion)

1998?? That's an old bike. --- It's not old,, it's a classic
600 miles away?? That's a very long trip. --- Not a long trip,, a weekend get-away
If we spend money on that,,, it's going to put us short. --- I get paid again next week.
Why do you need two bikes?? You can only ride one at a time. --- How many pairs of shoes do you own?? (I didn't really say this,, but I SHOULD have)
Where are we going to keep TWO bikes?? --- I actually have a neighbor who was going to let me keep it in her garage,, provided that she got a ride from time to time (on the bike).
Insurance will be higher!!! --- I don't think an extra $160/year is going to put us in the poor house.
Aren't the two bikes just the same?? They look the same to me!! --- Once again, I chose NOT to bring up the shoes
Well, I'm not telling you what to do. You make your own choice on this one. --- I hope the Valkyrie finds a new home with a loving owner!!!

chuck_VTX F 05-10-2018 08:59 AM

your mistake, my opinion...

You WANT 2 bikes... yes different

She NEEDS many shoe's...

BIG DIFFERENCE..for her.

for a few years. I had 3 bikes... Wing, sport bike, 72 CB750.
for Many years. I had 2 bikes... Wing, sport bike.

a guy at church has 2 Valkyrie's
Standard and a Interstate

Xerothermic 05-10-2018 09:08 AM

Everything happens for a reason. You just might not know what it is at the time or for a while. Your wife is just part of that fate.

TennX 05-10-2018 09:11 AM

Maybe why I’m divorced...but my daddy brought me up knowing “It was better to ask forgiveness ,than permission”...I enjoy a committee of “ONE”....on a similar note Ive noticed a lot of early Valks for sale in local CL...good luck

Curt E 05-10-2018 09:42 AM

If momma aint happy, no one's happy..

TennX 05-10-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curt E (Post 4512186)
If momma aint happy, no one's happy..

Yeah I learned that a little late...

Curt E 05-10-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennX (Post 4512194)
Yeah I learned that a little late...

Me too..

Justa_Poser 05-10-2018 10:14 AM

My Wife is the most evil of them all.

She brings home a new motorcycle a couple times each year.

Please, won't you help save me from this terrible dilemma ?
For just pennies a day, you can help me to a better life.......
And remember - 100% of your donations go directly to my charity !
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/903/41...70229332_b.jpg

VTX53R 05-10-2018 10:37 AM

HaHa! That's funny.
I actually had "the blessing" on an a particular Interstate only 300 miles away. But it was me that backed out after I rode one. I'm still in love with the bike, just can't do the riding position.

jpoutlaw 05-10-2018 10:44 AM

I added another bike this year..... insurance went up $1. As far as parking that in another "lady's garage"..... that's the red flag for the wife. Make it fit at home or it's definitely not happening (or at least in this house hold).