Womenfolk - VTXOA
 59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Womenfolk

One of HOPs posts reminded me of a situation I have endured many times. We would ring around and arrange to meet and ride and the six of us would show up and one bloke would always bring the girlfriend. Conversation for the day completely changed because of one woman being present. We tried to tiptoe around the subject of leaving our women at home but he would never get the hint as he told another mate that we all enjoyed having her along as she was so cool. Eventually the group fragmented as expected which was a pity as good riding mates are sometimes hard to find. Why are some blokes so insecure that they always have to have a partner by their side ? Worse, the women usually want to choose the destination because they want to go to the lunch spot they want and the day turns into a womeny day causing some to ride away and the day to be ruined. Don't get me started on blokes who buy their wife a bike then expect everyone to ride at learners pace AAaaaaggghhhh!
beachbumdrl, RBS, Harkon and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 04:53 AM

Garage
far more common then you might think.

and has for 40 plus years... so MANY Lost...

I think many Men has lost there Man Card long ago.

same reason... many motorcycles are 10 plus years old with 1,000 miles traveled....
beachbumdrl, TennX, RBS and 7 others like this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 89,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Old Goat

Probably why I’m a grumpy old man but I ride alone.. I have a obvious suggestion...have alternating group rides ...1 with SO’s and 1 with out....good luck and tell your mate to return his “Man Card”...
BobD, RBS, House O' Pain and 2 others like this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,DARKSIDE,foots mod.. ..

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 12:16 PM

If people would just act normal, regardless of company, that girl or guy wouldn't be tagging along. It takes a while to find like-minded riding buds, though.
VTX53R likes this.

When you are young you want what everyone else has . . when you are old you want what everyone else had.
D. Lee Schulte I ride a Honda because Toyota doesn't make motorcycles. 2005 VTX 1800N3 (black)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 12:48 PM

Garage
Womenfolk

Need I say more ....
And TennX, I got the "Grumpy" shirt for Christmas ... LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3843.JPG (38.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3698.jpg (413.1 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by VTX53R; 05-12-2018 at 12:53 PM. Reason: added content
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 02:06 PM

I've been involved in some "guy-fests" when one guy has to bring along his 'spouse'. But it wasn't due to HIS insecurity... it was totally hers. Somehow I believe she thought that he would have too much fun unless she was there to monitor. Thank goodness Al eventually woke up and ditched that anchor...long after the engagement and just a few months prior to the wedding. WHEW....
BobD, RBS, Blast and 1 others like this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 05:57 PM
RBS

My main riding Buddy, Mahoney, is a 70y/o crotchety curmudgeon. The rest of my Buds know it's Men Only!

The 1 time we tried a coed ride didn't work out.
We all met at a coffee shop an hour before we were supposed to leave. Grab a bite, have a coffee, use the toilet etc.
Guys with their gals, a couple Female riders, and me & my main Bud solo.

We're about ready to go, when people decide, after hanging out for an hour, they have to do stuff before we leave.
Get gas, buy a pack of smokes, mail a letter.

Mahoney looked at me, and I asked him if he was ready to go. he fired up his bike, I started mine, and off we went by ourselves.

Democrats & Republicans- 2 Sides Of A Counterfeit Coin.

I'm Not Politically Correct - I'm Honest.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 06:46 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
Good topic spin-off!

I recall a couple of planned group rides where the guys all agreed to leave behind the women, and still someone would show up with his, and sorry to report that one pushy female would be all it took to ruin the ride. In one, I recall the guy pulling us aside at a rest stop to say his girlfriend wanted us to slow down, as the pace was "scaring" her. Next, we all wanted to stop for a burger and she went around giving the guys who ordered a beer a hard time (one single beer).

I'm not saying that having a woman along will ruin a ride, as my point is that some rides are about male bonding, which is always harder to do when a woman is there. If guys want a guys only group ride, spell it out in the planning that it's a no females ride or expect at least one male rider to show up with his 'ball and chain'.

Gee, I wonder how often women complain about boyfriend/husbands inviting themselves to girls night out events or baby showers?

BobD, RBS, Blast and 4 others like this.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 07:47 PM

HOP wrote: "Gee, I wonder how often women complain about boyfriend/husbands inviting themselves to girls night out events or baby showers?" LOL. Not many man, not many. At this point in the game (64) the few cats I ride with know the deal. I don't feature making concessions on my ride day.
RBS, lofty and nate6966 like this.

'02 1800C Kingdom of Kicks Dang! That's 'hot-stuff'. Damn near blew the first beer of the day out my nose.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by House O' Pain View Post
Gee, I wonder how often women complain about boyfriend/husbands inviting themselves to girls night out events or baby showers?
Good point.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page