Tell me I didn't just hit the jackpot!!! - VTXOA
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Decided to browse Ebay a couple of days ago to see if there were any used go fast/show fast parts listed for my bike. I like to window shop every once and a while, even if I'm not looking to buy.

Well, low and behold I found a brand new, never used set of Baron XTREME 1.5" bars........listed for $99 CND!!!
I said to myself, "this has to be too good to be true". Well, regardless, it had a buy it now feature, so I decide to throw caution to the wind and went for it. It qualified for Ebay buyers protection, so if it turned out to be bogus, I'd at least get my money back.

The very next day, I got an Email from the seller telling me they got my order and would be shipping it out that afternoon. Sure enough, the afternoon came and I got a second email with tracking into.

Well....low and behold, this was what was waiting for me when I got home from work today!!!

These bars would have easily cost me $500 to my door from anyplace else? Don't know why they were listed to cheaply, but I don't care.

Guess this makes up for having to wait 8-weeks for my front forks to arrive?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2AEA7180-FC18-4618-989E-AFE375C9EC82_1531866601306.jpeg (1.11 MB, 234 views)

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!"

-Mike Tyson

Last edited by Gearbanger 1800; 07-17-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 11:33 PM

Nice find! My wife loves it when I window shop on line...LOL

Red 2004 1800N
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 PM

I got a brand new still in the original box set of HK 3" pipes over a year ago, found the seller was 12 mi. from me. It was a new business that sold bike & ATV tires, that had bought out the building and contents of a former Honda Yamaha Suzuki multi brand powersports dealer. New price still on the box of $749.95. I paid $300 !
Gearbanger 1800 likes this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:50 PM

I think you got the part at a low price because the VTX line has been out of production close to 10 years. There is little demand in metric aftermarket parts for older models so the seller wants to clear out his inventory.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 12:53 PM

Ding ding ding. You are correct sir.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
I think you got the part at a low price because the VTX line has been out of production close to 10 years. There is little demand in metric aftermarket parts for older models so the seller wants to clear out his inventory.
That's certainly possible......but a buy it now for $99 (with free shipping, to boot) when all others on Ebay were asking somewhere in the $400 range? I'm sure they could have gotten $200-$300 for them, easy? Oh well...I'm not going to complain.

Now all I need to do is find the same kind of deal on the matching gauge pod that goes with them.
rangers4u likes this.

-Mike Tyson
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbanger 1800 View Post
That's certainly possible......but a buy it now for $99 (with free shipping, to boot) when all others on Ebay were asking somewhere in the $400 range? I'm sure they could have gotten $200-$300 for them, easy? Oh well...I'm not going to complain.

Now all I need to do is find the same kind of deal on the matching gauge pod that goes with them.
Good buy. Where are you in ON. I'm near Burlington. Quite a few Cdn VTXers you might want to consider joing candianxriders.com as well

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.

Last edited by wngd; 07-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wngd View Post
Good buy. Where are you in ON. I'm near Burlington. Quite a few Cdn VTXers you might want to consider joing candianxriders.com as well
I'm in Waterloo. Not too far from Burlington, myself.

-Mike Tyson
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbanger 1800 View Post
I'm in Waterloo. Not too far from Burlington, myself.
Isn't Waterloo just the snobby part of Kitchener I'm in St. Ratford. We are all the snobby part;P
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wngd View Post
Did a search for that site.....no dice?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba316 View Post
Isn't Waterloo just the snobby part of Kitchener I'm in St. Ratford. We are all the snobby part;P
Now....who could hate on the home town of Justin Bieber?

-Mike Tyson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page