Honda VTX Forum banner

2019 Unofficial Scavenger Hunt

24K views 254 replies 22 participants last post by  VTXer_wannaB 
#1 ·
Since I claimed the last mark on the 2018 Hunt, I use all my unofficial authority to start for 2019.

As always, the point is to encourage us to get out and ride. More importantly, to have fun and we all know those two often go hand in hand.

So for rules:
A mark/tag is named and the first person to take a photo of their bike with that particular category gets to name the next mark/tag and it continues.
No old photos allowed. You must ride to the mark after it has been named and your bike needs to be in the picture. Obviously, you cannot claim your own mark.

Try to make the target something accessible to most riders, so not too obscure.

If a mark is unclaimed for a lengthy amount of time, the last finder can name a new category to keep things moving along. However, I am not going to stipulate any particular amount of time. We're a casual group.

And that's it. Get out and ride! And post pics to encourage others to do the same.

See less See more
#121 · (Edited)
Found this on the way home from work. I would assume a howitzer will do. :wink2:

Next mark: Your bike and Old Glory. Could be flag or mural.
For our Canadian riders, a Military vehicle. :mcrider:

Opp's, same goes for any other Country.

Attachments

#123 ·
Next Mark: Your bike and any military aircraft.
I gotta admit I've been waiting on an easy one. This one was a no-brainer. I decided to jump on the bike an ride today. Needed to stop by our airport anyway so I put 2 and 2 together and while there, I visited one of oldest residents, our local Devil Dog. :)

(was looking for the hangar owner but couldn't find her so I quietly snuck in (pushed the bike in), took the photo and snuck out. :D

Attachments

#129 ·
#132 ·
That is one purdy clean bike! :thumbup:

For clarification: can people in the non-US world post pictures of a real football stadium or youth playing real football? Would you accept that?

Or will they possibly need to substitute the 'murken carry-egg sport with rugby?

(yes, I am kinda trying to be helpful :D )

If it’s football to you, it works for me.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members/95246-smurfy71-albums-my-vtx1300-picture40314-img-1373.jpg

#138 ·
Took a break after cutting the grass and went for a 2 1/2 hour ride. Found a couple ball fields on the way.

Next mark: I must have saw 8 on my ride. Your bike and a port-a-pottie. Bonus: Dancing hotdogs for an outhouse. :thumbup:

Attachments

#143 ·
My eyesight must be going bad. The whole time I thought those were dancing hotdogs.
Just noticed the green top, peppers. :banghead:

Reactions: nate6966
#144 · (Edited)
Many AT&T towers and some old buildings had an outhouse.
One example here of block construction which is rare.
Rutledge,GA

A ratty outhouse in West Palm Beach near 20 mile Bend, ATT tower.

Where is the nearest outhouse??
Porta-Potties all over!!

Attachments

#152 ·
Oh c'mon, guys, it shouldn't be this hard. :)

I had many chances to snap some pictures with LEOs last weekend during my training with the local PD. Nice guys, all of 'em. I could have had a picture probably with all of 'em standing around my bike.
But the scavenger hunt unofficial rules state that the one naming the mark cannot fulfill that mark. :(

So c'mon, someone jump on it! I am sure some of y'all pass by your local FD or PD frequently. Or find a security guard. Make him feel useful for a few seconds. :D

#154 ·
Now I’m offended.

[emoji6]
I had to re-read my post. Are you, by a chance, a security guard?
Even if so, no need to feel bad. You make up for it by riding a cool bike! So you do fit in the big-boy club, no worries.
(did I make it better or worse?) >:)

And if you post a picture of your bike with one of your uniformed (or "uninformed"?) buddies, we'll forgive you. :grin2::grin2::grin2:
And you'll get the thread rolling again. :thumbup:

#155 ·
#156 ·
I am a licenced security professional. I was a security guard, now I am the manager of security at our local University. No worries, I’m used to the jokes and have pretty thick skin.

I’m on vacation, otherwise I’d have one of my staff jump on the X for a pic.
A "licensed security professional"? I love these new job titles. Like "licensed flooring cosmetologist" (aka "janitor"). :D
I bet you get those "security guard" jokes a lot. People are mean, am I right? ;)

Enjoy your vacation! I hope you're on your VTX! :thumbup:

And somebody, PLEASE, post a picture to keep this thread going! (or I'll have to do it for you)

#157 · (Edited)
If this is acceptable, VTX was on the other corner, parking around the square was a scarce commodity.

Covington, GA. Journey cover band, playing on the square. Walking past 2 LEO reminded me of this thread.
I went back to ask them if ok to take a picture of them. I have edited the photo to remove their names.
If you were a fan of "In the Heat of the Night" you will recognize the courthouse.

Next mark, a courthouse built in the 1800's.

Newton County Courthouse is a historic county courthouse in Courthouse Square in Covington, Georgia, the county seat of Newton County, Georgia. The courthouse was designed by Bruce & Morgan in a Second Empire architecture style and built in 1884.

Attachments

#158 ·
ha... our corner of the world wasn't much in the late 1800s. gonna have to check on that old courthouse. Sorry I haven't been checking in. That LEO pic would have been easy. It has been raining or so hazy here pics haven't even been coming to mind.

#160 ·
#162 · (Edited)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.