I wish they would bring back the 1800 - VTXOA
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I wish they would bring back the 1800

So its looking like I might be in the market for a new bike next year. I started looking the other day at all of the Cruiser style offerings from all the different manufactures. There are only 2 manufactures that have a "Big block" offering in the sub 20k price range. Kawasaki with there Vaquearo and Susuki with the m109. It looks like yamaha has done away with all there Cruiser line as far as I can tell and Honda only has the 1300 which in my openion should be far more capable then it is. Damn these Melinials and their Texting! Sorry I just had to get it out there.

8,000K HID Head Light Conversion, ISO FlameGrips, Kury Turn Signal Mirrors, Mustang seat W/ Driver Backrest, Paladin Backrest/luggage Rack/Saddlebags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:13 PM

Why does it have to be new.... plenty of used 18s out there with low miles. If you want one, get one.
They’ll never bring it back.
Xman/qc and Dartanuan like this.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Downer View Post
Why does it have to be new.... plenty of used 18s out there with low miles. If you want one, get one.
They’ll never bring it back.
That thought has crossed my mind but I've been having so many issues with my bike I'm worried about what I might run into if get the wrong bike.

8,000K HID Head Light Conversion, ISO FlameGrips, Kury Turn Signal Mirrors, Mustang seat W/ Driver Backrest, Paladin Backrest/luggage Rack/Saddlebags.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:45 PM

Garage
my opinion,

once a bike is mistreated.. it's Not Likely to be a real good dependable machine..

9 bikes.. 7 were New... for a very good Reason.

owners with no respect for there machines..
rangers4u and StarrRider like this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 88,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 07:13 AM

I have bought 3 low mile used Honda bikes that were 2-3 years old. All three from dealers that have been around. They know what to look for and do go over them pertly good. I doubt they would jeopardize their reputation over the sale of a used bike. May be I was just lucky.
rangers4u likes this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 07:22 AM

Dealers also mark the plugs serviced.but When I get home I changed the change the oil, filter and rear drive fluids. If the condition and level of the brake fluid's and coolant are O.K. I am happy.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 08:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk View Post
I have bought 3 low mile used Honda bikes that were 2-3 years old. All three from dealers that have been around. They know what to look for and do go over them pertly good. I doubt they would jeopardize their reputation over the sale of a used bike. May be I was just lucky.

I worked at a Honda dealership.. for years.

YOU WERE LUCKY...

trade-ins... fix or hide everything wrong..TODAY.
possible problems next month is the new owners issue.

reputation.. is the result of the discount on new bikes... not service.
$100. per hour.. mechanic is lucky to get $20...

my opinion.

I do not trust a new bike.. I go over everything short of pulling an engine.
used.. not me. unless I get it for a "Project"

yes... I did re-torque the steering head bearings.. at 36 miles.... and they were loose.
the ride home from the dealer was 32 miles...

new.. are safe.. but not correct... nothing like the service manual calls for.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 88,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 03-02-2019 at 08:19 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 12:07 PM

Yami still makes the Star Eluder tourer but it starts at $22.5 and the Star Venture full Tourer at $24.5

Maybe look at one used?

The problem I see with the Venture (1850cc and look like a good set up) is that I bet they discontinue it due to poor sales and then resale is shot. Hence, maybe look at a usedone?

The Vaquero has been around for a few years and likely doesn't share the same fate. There seems to be a lot more Kawi riders than Yami....

The M109 isn't remotely in the same category as these other two (ot the VTX 1800). It's killer fast more of a boulevard cruiser, not near as comfortable or customizable imo....buddy has one.

I'm glad I'm not in the market because there's zero in the market that interests me as much as what I'm riding. My brother in law rides a brand new BMW that's worth 4X what my X is worth and he gets zero questions about his bike when we stop for gas ro a drink while I regularly get them

VTX 1800R, QQ drop bags/fender, Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood head unit, custom seat.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 10:11 PM

I have a couple of M109Rs and because I am tall with long arms and legs, the Nines are more comfortable for me than my VTXs. I have bought many used motorcycles (mostly Hondas) and every one has been a fine bike with no serious issues. When you buy used, you are taking a chance, but each bike I bought had relatively low mileage and looked like it had been taken care of. I don't think one of them had maintenance records, but they do now.

The M109Rs have a better lean angle that my VTXs with floorboards.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:17 PM

That's what I want the Eluder black on black....

2004 Honda VTX1800C - Black/Gold - Custom paint, F Wheels, Saddlemen Solo seat, Cobra speedster slashdown exhaust, kewl metal front & rear signals, Aeromach 6" risers, Thunder Hurricane intake, PowerCommander V, Progressive 444 Shocks, Progressive springs....
Gone to new home - 2007 Honda VTX1300C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page