And now for something completely different... - VTXOA
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

And now for something completely different...

For the past several years I've hosted a tech session at my place in Scottsboro AL. Also I've tried the last several years to get a meet and greet together for the spring . Most of you familiar with that know that the time of year to start making plans for these events is upon us. However for the last couple of years there really hasn't been that much to do at the tech sessions and the attendance at the M&G's has been sparse. So this year I thought we might try to do something completely different. I'm going to combine the Tech Session and M&G into one event. Over the winter I've had a new pool installed at my house so I'm thinking sometime mid June anyone that's so inclined can ride to Scottsboro AL, we can hang out at the pool, maybe smoke a couple of butts, have some beers and BBQ and, if need be, work on a bike or two. For anyone wanting to spend the night we can then get up Sunday morning and go for a group ride up to Lynchburg or maybe to Mt Cheaha. So , how does that sound? Anyone have any thoughts? Be thinking about weekends that would work. Ideally I'm thinking of these dates. June 8th and 9th , 15th and 16th or 22nd and 23rd. I'll need to touch base with a couple of my partners to see how it works out for them before I finalize the dates.
So guys and gals, keep your eyes open in the next couple of weeks for an update. Now if there is anyone that was waiting for an update on the 7th annual Bama Tech session and you need need some work done it would be a good idea to post up now and let us know.
In the meantime stay cool and be there or be square.
frnkcat, StarrRider and GuideDawg like this.

Livin' Blue in a Red state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Looks like 3 or 4 from the "other site" are in for sure. Just need some OA reps to chime in.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:38 PM

Sounds very tempting to me. I will keep an eye open.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 06:31 PM

Garage
My X has not been in BAMA for a long time.
Since my son invited a woman and her 3 children to move in we visit less.
We will keep an eye on this.

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 193,834 VTX miles
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:56 PM

Checking mapquest for directions from Tucson..........

Red 2004 1800N
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZrider43 View Post
Checking mapquest for directions from Tucson..........

I-10 TO I-20 at Kent TX to I-59N in Birmngham. Take exit 218 in Ft Payne AL on Hwy 35 N to Scottsboro. Make a left when you cross the river bridge in Scottsboro and BAM! You're there.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:16 PM

Garage
Whenever you decide a date let me know Wayne. I am going to Texas for MotoGP in April 10-14. In Commerce, Ga the 4th of May for Southern Nationals. The rain and work has really put a damper on my riding, only 6000 miles since September.

With the people left unguided, For so many troubled years
In a cloud of doubts and fears, Their world was torn asunder into hollow Hemispheres......Neal Peart
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffly View Post
Whenever you decide a date let me know Wayne. I am going to Texas for MotoGP in April 10-14. In Commerce, Ga the 4th of May for Southern Nationals. The rain and work has really put a damper on my riding, only 6000 miles since September.
If you want to head up a Spring M&G to Cheaha (or any place) please go right ahead. I need to blow the cobwebs off of mine too.
I would be up for a ride to Suches or Warm Springs again.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:08 PM

Put me down as interested in both the Tech Session Weekend and a Meet and Greet. Don't really have any big work needed but willing to help.

2007 - 1300c - Red - 24,000 miles - Mustang Seats - Cobra Boards - Pair Valve Mod.​
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Garage
Hey Hawk. That's a very kind offer, brother. I'm very interested in making the ride down. My 2007 1800T just turned over 9,000 miles on last night's ride!!
From what I've read, it time to have the valve clearance checked, so I have an additional interest in the Tech Session, as well as the M&G.
I'll keep following this to see what dates you choose, and I'll do everything I can to make this work.
Safe Riding.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page