What Do you Think The Pros & Cons of the X Are? - Page 6 - VTXOA
 132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:23 PM

Hang in there Chuck. No matter how bad it is now, you and I both won the lottery being born where and when we were. Don't let life wear you down, we ride bikes, we are risktakers. Live for today and just be mindful of tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post

the VTX1800 was a looser from the start.. but the surveys... years before the VTX ,said to make the VTX as it is. and HONDA Lost..

market changed FASTER then Honda could make a BIG New V-Twin... and NOT be a Harley twin.. like the VTX1300....
How I wish Honda came out with an updated VTX 1800 line. Heck I'd only ask for ABS, no need to refine the drive train lash. I'll take it as such.

I would literally be waiting outside the Honda dealership to pay money in hand. Quite possibly I'd wait out the first year and go for the second year model or maybe third year so Honda fine tunes any issues.

But a Honda VTX 1800 ABS would be a dream come true.

Last I read the new Yamaha 1900 isn't selling well due to its high price. The Kawasaki Vaquero sells for $17,000. I'm sure Honda could come out with a new VTX 1800 for 14k bucks.

But then I realize I'm in the minority of bikers or so the market hints. Just look at Motorcycle Cruiser magazine. They barely publish any new articles and they haven't reviewed a Japanese cruiser for years. Back in the day they use to eat and breath those comparison reviews with the Japanese cruisers. Nowadays half of their articles are about cafe racers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post
this is the first time I made this public... anywhere..
Sent you a PM. Please read it.

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack

Last edited by EuroDude; 04-06-2019 at 08:38 PM.
post #53 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbanger 1800 View Post
if I didn't know any better,
What was that you said?

post #54 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:52 AM

@EuroDude , thanks for that. After my VTX1300 classic ( spokes and all ) I knew I couldn’t go with anything other than another VTX????. As luck would have it I found this one days after my wreck. I took time to heal, but bought it and brought it home ASAP. Best and beastliest mc I’ve owned to date. Am I happy with it? Oh yeah you betchya! Easy starting now (though I’ve still to clean the start button).

06 1800N
post #55 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:56 AM

Garage
I purchased my VTX sight unseen. as it would be 3 months before it production...

ordered 12/2004.... arrived 2/2005...

only by photos from dealer... and cycle magazines.

14 years later no complaints..

I called several dealers to look to see a 1300 in the silver.. as nothing had the tribal..

the above photo is a digital photo copy of Rider magazine 2 page ad by Honda.... late 2004..

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 86,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 04-07-2019 at 07:01 AM.
post #56 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
How I wish Honda came out with an updated VTX 1800 line. Heck I'd only ask for ABS, no need to refine the drive train lash. I'll take it as such.

I would literally be waiting outside the Honda dealership to pay money in hand. Quite possibly I'd wait out the first year and go for the second year model or maybe third year so Honda fine tunes any issues.

But a Honda VTX 1800 ABS would be a dream come true.

Last I read the new Yamaha 1900 isn't selling well due to its high price. The Kawasaki Vaquero sells for $17,000. I'm sure Honda could come out with a new VTX 1800 for 14k bucks.

But then I realize I'm in the minority of bikers or so the market hints. Just look at Motorcycle Cruiser magazine. They barely publish any new articles and they haven't reviewed a Japanese cruiser for years. Back in the day they use to eat and breath those comparison reviews with the Japanese cruisers. Nowadays half of their articles are about cafe racers.

Sent you a PM. Please read it.
I'll always remember 2002 to 2009, it was a great era for Honda V-Twin motorcycles. Honda had some great stuff in the showrooms and awesome deals on new bikes. The sad reality is its over and not coming back. If you still have one of these bikes, continue to ride and enjoy. One positive note Honda is very good at stocking parts in there warehouses for bikes that have been discontinued. As for motorcycle magazines I stopped subscribing to them about 3 years ago, the newer bikes don't interest me. The market has shifted toward baggers and touring models, what will come after that we'll have to wait and see.
Harkon likes this.
post #57 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
I'll always remember 2002 to 2009, it was a great era for Honda V-Twin motorcycles. Honda had some great stuff in the showrooms and awesome deals on new bikes. The sad reality is its over and not coming back.
If the motorcycle market remains long enough, it will come back. People always want what they can't get. No cruisers to buy new and older ones are not easy to find, people will build their own. They will turn their Bonnyvilles and CB750s into choppers ... LOL. The cruiser will re-evolve from something that was never intended as such. It's the circle of the leisure products market ... especially motorcycles in the US. The only question is, will the market last long enough. Motorcycles as we know them all together are on the chopping block.
chuck_VTX F and lofty like this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #58 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 10:41 AM

Garage
50 years.

started with "Standard"
moved to "Touring"
added "Sport bikes"
moved to "Cruisers"

the future... ? but its a safe bet.. I will not love them ..
like I have of the ones from the past...
but I can not return to the past... or the bikes...
in 1997 got a copy of my 72 CB750.. restored it..
rode it 5 times and sold it.. so disliked it..
spoiled from much better bikes

fyi.. past month... 3 riding buddies....
switched from 2 wheels to 3... Can Am's....

I will Force my "F" to keep going.. ..
no money for another.. and NO stopping..

that 3 cylinder sound... is just ODD.. so is WIDE TRACK...
one has the 2 brothers aftermarket exhaust.

they do not sound like the Old Yamaha or British 3's..
Harkon and jbrittjr like this.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 04-07-2019 at 10:47 AM.
post #59 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:20 PM

Even the new Yamaha 3 sounds good. Ultimately I sincerely dislike the CanAm Spyder. It's neither fish nor fowl IMO. A buddy of mine got one for his wife. An oil change is a major undertaking. Don't get me wrong, it's great if one likes it and it keeps them riding. It's just not for this guy.

I find many of the 'new' bikes lack character. They are like new cars to me. Somewhat without "soul". Look at a new Hellcat or Demon. Or a new Corvette (I was at the Chevy dealer yesterday). The exhaust note is without a doubt soulful, yet looking at the mill ... I wouldn't know where to start. I gotta ask, why the need to hide the heart and soul? Is it that ugly. Hell, they're getting $100K for these things, maybe make the engine part of the visual experience instead of hiding it.

New bikes, quiet, lean burning engines, tons of power ... no heartbeat. Seems a lot of the new customers don't care about "soul". Likely they don't know about it so cannot appreciate it.
jbrittjr likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #60 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 01:36 PM

Garage
soul, personality, attitude... whatever its called is all but gone...

I blame the production line and engineering... make more, and faster..... like cars.

cars lost it in the mid 70's... bikes around 2000.. but bikes took longer after 2000...

age out is slower. production line wise.

I agree... body work... Goldwings.. I stopped working on them at the start of the 1500..

20 minutes just to see the engine.

like I say a bunch... motor heads are going bye bye..

in a mixed male group say 1975.. talk engines, 80 percent got involved.
today... maybe 15 percent get involved. so it dies quick.

cell phones today.. 95 percent involved. I walk away.
Harkon, schnitz, lofty and 1 others like this.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 04-07-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page