Bike Totaled? Teen Drivers - Page 4 - VTXOA
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:41 PM

he made a left and crossed me at 90 degrees, I was doing maybe 35-40mph and he didnt "see" me 4 white LEDs and the orange 800lbs bike under the sunlight. while I slammed the brakes his car was still rolling forward. my front end hit his passenger wheel and ripped it off along with his bumper. I remember being ejected diagonally towards my right and then the flips were pretty dope.

was in the hospital for 4 days, came out with some Hematomas and a broken radius, got a pin leaving my wrist immobilized for about 4 more weeks. Hunting for a new X as soon as I get this surgical pin off my hand.

pardon the overflowing trash can.

I wish all the best to our thread starter!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Broken Radius.jpg (158.9 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I was luckier than most

Quote:
Originally Posted by daironpower View Post
he made a left and crossed me at 90 degrees, I was doing maybe 35-40mph and he didnt "see" me 4 white LEDs and the orange 800lbs bike under the sunlight. while I slammed the brakes his car was still rolling forward. my front end hit his passenger wheel and ripped it off along with his bumper. I remember being ejected diagonally towards my right and then the flips were pretty dope.

was in the hospital for 4 days, came out with some Hematomas and a broken radius, got a pin leaving my wrist immobilized for about 4 more weeks. Hunting for a new X as soon as I get this surgical pin off my hand.

pardon the overflowing trash can.

I wish all the best to our thread starter!
Hey I think we all have our horror stories compare to most I know I am really lucky still hurts the soul to lay a bike down like that. I wish I had more of an option at the time but since I was already leaning in to the turn when I hit the brakes that hard and fast the bike did what it wanted to. But I am glad the rest of your are relativetly ok. Chicks dig scars and Bikes Dariopower just remember that. LOL

Side note took bike for a 60mile ride yesterday ok for the most part gonna need new wheel bearing I think thought, and exhaust bolts are stripped out I have the top pipe held on with a metal zip tie any ideas on how to fix stripped exhaust bolt?

Matthew Winter
VTX1800c 2002
Seattle Wa
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 08:21 AM

Garage
Heli-coil for stripped exhaust stud...

if only the bolt side of stud is stripped... unscrew the stud..

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 89,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwinter View Post
So in Washington state, you don't legally have to have insurance on a bike. But I have collision insurance on mine, I'm coved if I hit someone, not if someone hits me. Figuring that if someone hit me I'm covered by their insurance.

Well since I dumped the bike before I ever actually Hit his car. Geico is saying they owe me nothing. They are not paying for the bike to be fixed. I dumped the bike, he did not hit me even though he cut me off.

WTF>>>>>>>>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
If you had collision coverage, GEICO should pay regardless... (you collided with the street right?) I've had a similar claim with GEICO, and they paid. The person who you say cut you off is not liable since he didn't hit you, (or cause you to hit them). Call GEICO back and have them explain collision coverage to you, trust me...

2004 VTX 1800R "Once you go black you never go back"
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
If you had collision coverage, GEICO should pay regardless... (you collided with the street right?) I've had a similar claim with GEICO, and they paid. The person who you say cut you off is not liable since he didn't hit you, (or cause you to hit them). Call GEICO back and have them explain collision coverage to you, trust me...
Thanks man I'll give it a shot got some lawyers who are taking my case on contigenceny they think I have a claim as well. So we shall see what happens thanks for all the support and help. Enjoy the nice weather and RIDE SAFELY, DEFENSIVELY.

Matthew Winter
VTX1800c 2002
Seattle Wa
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:41 AM

Glad your okay. In my case, I was riding Kawasski Mean Stresk on a 2 lane road when a car at a stop sign, who didn't see me, pulled out. I slammed on my brakes, hit the ground, but didn't touch the car. Sat up in the middle of the rode with a broken arm and contusions. Other driver pulled over right away and admitted to causing me to go down. Ambulance ride to the hospital, 2-3 months in a cast. Bike was totalled and i put a claim on my own insurance so i wouldn't have to wait to be paid and I bought the bike back and I ended up with the bike, that was still rideable, and $3500. A month after the accident i bought for $3800 a 2002 Honda ST1100, which I had to wait to ride due to the cast. Kawasaki engine gave out one and a half years later, still ride the ST and 3 years after the accident my attorneys settled with the other drivers insurance company for $700,000 to which my attorneys kept 45%. I then bought my 2006 VTX 1800C, and trade off between two great Hondas.

In your case, it doesn't matter if his insurance denied the claim, they have to cover their insured client. You don't sue his insurance company, you sue the driver, so contact an attorney and he files a lawsuit against the driver. The insurance company will either settle or go to court and the courts will decide. In my case, the insurance company settled just one month short of going to trial. Insurance companies will always try and stretch it as long as possible hoping you are desperate for money and settle for less, or that you died.
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:25 PM
edf

Exhaust

Glad you're okay.
You said exhaust was trashed. Not sure it'll fit -- I've got an OE exhaust for an 03 'R' that's just gathering dust in my shed. Let me know if you're interested as I'd like to see it put to good use. Also have a full windshield I'm not using.
In Bonney Lake area.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf View Post
Glad you're okay.
You said exhaust was trashed. Not sure it'll fit -- I've got an OE exhaust for an 03 'R' that's just gathering dust in my shed. Let me know if you're interested as I'd like to see it put to good use. Also have a full windshield I'm not using.
In Bonney Lake area.
Looked it up and does not look the like 03 r exhaust will fit mines but thanks for the offer. My firing actually held up pretty well so I got a fiberglass Bondo kit and gone give it the good ol try.

Matthew Winter
VTX1800c 2002
Seattle Wa
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 02:04 PM

I have spare parts from an 05 13S that I wrecked. You are welcome to what you might need.
[email protected]
Would be good to see Her live on through another bike.
Wavey Dave likes this.

Dallas Dave
AKA Moody Dawg
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Dave View Post
I have spare parts from an 05 13S that I wrecked. You are welcome to what you might need.
[email protected]
Would be good to see Her live on through another bike.
will 'S" fit on a "c"?

Matthew Winter
VTX1800c 2002
Seattle Wa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page