The Time Has Finally Arrived!!! - Page 2 - VTXOA
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:09 PM

Congrats to you for living your dream. Enjoy your extra time and make sure make that extra time happen.
Dartanuan likes this.

2002 1800C ILLUSION BLUE - Cobra angle slash cuts - Cobra FI2000 - Memphis Fats 21" - Hondaline 24L bags with Easy Brackets - Corbin Gunfighter and a lot more.....

. ====>> KEEP IT VERTICAL <<====
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 02:30 AM

Location: I live in the UK in South Yorkshire in a town called Rotherham
Congratulations. What is it you will be doing ?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:42 AM

Congratulations. I plan to make that same move in the spring of 2020. 35 years of 12 hour days of shift work is long enough. I too look forward to having more time for me and feel that God has a plan for me and I am looking forward to see what it is.
Dartanuan and DrDolittle like this.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:04 AM

good luck to you in your endeavor. you'll have time to ride that bike, when you're self employed it's "feast or famine". all the time.
Dartanuan likes this.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Congrats!!! I have a few jobs here if you like to travel???

We could probably work out something, Spike,,, but not sure you will like what I charge for "travel" time!!!! Of course, that price goes down if I'm on the X...........
Chicago-Spike likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
Congratulations. What is it you will be doing ?

I have a Handyman business on the side, that I have done off & on for several years. Now I'll just be doing that, and setting the hours that I want to work. At least, that's the plan. Nothing big. Just lots of small jobs that folks can't get the "big dogs" to come out and do. I have found a nice little spot to operate without a lot of competition.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXArizona View Post
First Congrats on your move to self-employment, it's a bold transition. I was a corporate sheep way too many years and if i could do it all over again i would have been self-employed in a trade and started my own business.

What is your age group? (IE, how old are you)

I'm 64. Will be 65 in February. My son also helps me with some of my bigger projects. He would work for me full time, if I offered benefits!!!
VTXArizona likes this.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well everyone, I am now in my last week. As I type this, I've got THREE more days at work (I work four 10-hour days), so this Thursday will be my last day!!!!
Thanks for all of the kind words and wishes.....
DrDolittle and VTXArizona like this.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:53 AM

Sorry to be practical but I worked for myself years ago. People said "It must be great working for yourself" Fact was, I worked for anyone who rang me, and I was not only my own master but also my own slave. I was bad at quoting as I thought "how much would I expect to pay for this job" instead of "how much do I need, to do this job" Didn't work out for me but I was young and dumb. By your postings you are a smart cookie and will do well. Enjoy the freedom and all the best mate.
Dartanuan likes this.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
Sorry to be practical but I worked for myself years ago. People said "It must be great working for yourself" Fact was, I worked for anyone who rang me, and I was not only my own master but also my own slave. I was bad at quoting as I thought "how much would I expect to pay for this job" instead of "how much do I need, to do this job" Didn't work out for me but I was young and dumb. By your postings you are a smart cookie and will do well. Enjoy the freedom and all the best mate.

I get that, completely!!! I've decided to bid where it is beneficial for ME. If I don't get the job, there are plenty of others out there. I've even come across some that I wasn't crazy about doing, so bid them extra high, and got them anyway!!!! At least that's a little incentive when you are working on something that is not especially enjoyable, but you know you are getting paid extra well.......
lofty likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page