Bulldog and family needs our thoughts and prayers! - VTXOA
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Bulldog and family needs our thoughts and prayers!

Many of you know about the East Coast Gathering VTX Rally that took place for many consecutive years up in Fredericksburg, VA. The main host of that gathering is Jason Toombs, along with his sidekick Keith "Tiny" Nelson. Jason has been having some serious health problems that have been ongoing for awhile now, and his wife posted on Facebook tonight that Jason has been given ~3 months to live. My heart is broken for him and his family, because this devastating news could not happen to a nicer guy & family. Bully really needs our thoughts and prayers, and if any of you happen to live close to him, I'm sure he'd love to hang with some fellow Xers.

This is his wife's post from tonight:

Update on Jason:
So.....ugh....
Test results from the Mayo were not good. Jason's bone marrow has rapidly produced blasts. He has AML and myelodysplastic syndrome with one other thing (2+/3) but i can't remember the name at the moment. It was very tough news to receive Wednesday while we had suspected from our at home team it is still tough to have that conversation.
So more Tough news:
Time 3 months
So while we are going to pray as hard as we can and pray they are wrong. We are going to spend as much time making memories and capturing it all.
We were given several options that we will talk about with our at home team on Monday.
Options:
1- do nothing. Live his best life and make those memories
2- Jason can re-start the chemo he was on once a month (mayo recommends not doing the daily chemo pill with it as it made jason very ill) and pray this "maintenance chemo" as they call it gives us extra time
3- Jason can opt to be admitted to hospital for a minimum of 3 weeks to receive 2 hi-dose chemo's for AML, success rates are 30 percent, however 100 percent chance it will come back, but could give him and us more time.

Things I know. Jason's blood counts are super low and he gets 2 units of blood weekly currently, and is brusing super easy.
Jason very much HATES the hospital anymore and does not want to be in one. He wants to be out even if it is counting the cars on the front porch as he says. (I really need to get him a car counting clip board...lol)
So we have more tough converstations to be had and a ton of memories to make. Jason and I wanted to update all of our friends and family with our news.
Please continue to pray to his ease of pain and wisdom in guidence as we move forward.
Thanks. ❤
VTXCRZR, BobD, RBS and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Old Goat

I always enjoyed the post and pix from the gatherings...admired and appreciated what was done for the VTX community..even though I never went..was an honor to donate items for the raffles...thoughts and prayers offered for family and friends....God Bless them...
MR VTX, RBS, PABL98 and 1 others like this.

Phil...(71)ĒNobody told me I die at the endĒ
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 08:12 AM

I was a participant in the last 3 or 4 gatherings, and went to Bully's raffle-off in Hagerstown? a couple years ago. Why does this stuff happen to great people. The whole family, his Mom & Dad, kids, all are not deserving of this. We will continue to pray for him, and them. GOD bless the Toombs family in their hours of dire need. I for one do not or will not do FB, and so I really thank MRVTX for posting this.
MR VTX, Hans&Feet, TennX and 3 others like this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:47 AM

Garage
ECG 2016 was great! The Toombs family are great people. Sad to see Jason with health issues. Prayers for Jason and Family!
We were fortunate to meet more of the VTX family. Great memories!
MR VTX, rangers4u, lofty and 1 others like this.

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 192,882 VTX miles
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:37 PM

Garage
So very sad to hear this..
My heartfelt best wishes for the best...
MR VTX likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:43 PM

So very sad to hear. My thoughts go out to Bulldog, family and friends.

I never attended but always enjoyed following the lead up to and the ECG event updates with all
of the pictures.

MR VTX, thank you for letting us know this terribly sad news.
MR VTX likes this.

2002 1800C ILLUSION BLUE - Cobra angle slash cuts - Cobra FI2000 - Memphis Fats 21" - Hondaline 24L bags with Easy Brackets - Corbin Gunfighter and a lot more.....

. ====>> KEEP IT VERTICAL <<====
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Truly a great guy that help a lot of people to connect. I can't think of a more selfless person when it came to this community of riders. Prayers for Jason and his family. Keep fighting Bulldog.
MR VTX and rangers4u like this.

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 04:19 PM

Garage
I regret that I never went. I intended to go several times, but it seemed like something always came up to spoil my plans. I did buy t-shirts and contributed to the pencil fund. Wish the best to the family and prayers.

Red '04 1300C, Corbin DT, Hondaline WS, 1300R bars w/TM risers, Cobra Slashdowns, Foot's Mod, buffed wheels, Progressive fork springs, PaPa's Down Under bracket ....
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:06 PM
bdm

Prayers for him and his family
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 09:50 PM

Bulldog

Never met him, but wish and hope things can go in a better direction for him. Loss of words here, to this sad situation.
MR VTX likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page