VTXOA

VTXOA (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/)
-   General MC Message Board (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/5-general-mc-message-board/)
-   -   Today was my day (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/5-general-mc-message-board/463894-today-my-day.html)

Saeed_VTX 07-23-2019 11:14 AM

Today was my day

Today was my day to forget to let the kickstand down and put the bike down. Fortunately the engine guard protected the bike. No damage. On the positive side I practiced picking up the bike.

TennX 07-23-2019 11:26 AM

Congrats...::thumbup: ...... U have officially joined the club...

Curt E 07-23-2019 12:07 PM

No one saw me last time I did that. Amen...

chuck_VTX F 07-23-2019 12:26 PM

my first motorcycle did NOT come with a side stand ( Honda 1966 CB77 )
.Honda did not provide one on that bike.

Lou_VTX 07-23-2019 02:07 PM

Congrats, now you will never forget again. (I hope :D )
I haven't forgotten to put the KS down (YET). And there is no documented instance of me dropping the bike twice. ;) Nobody saw so it never happened. Fortunately I had already installed the crash bar. No damage and much easier to pick up. HAD it ever happened. Which it never did. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Mrjo1340 07-23-2019 02:53 PM

34 Attachment(s)
Fortunately that's never happened to me on my VTX. That would be a hell of a girl to pick up!
I did however drop my Honda Magna many years ago. it was at Wasaga Beach during bike week and I got distracted looking at all the bikinis walk by. I dismounted the bike very quickly without even trying to put the kickstand down.
I definitely earned my spot in the Hall of shame that's for sure 🙄
Aside from my scratched turn signal and a bent clutch lever the damage was minimal.

rangers4u 07-23-2019 05:17 PM

If the bike goes over on the right side....Put the KS down, turn your back to the bike, squat with your back against the bike and get a good grip in each hand somewhere solid on the bike. Slowly lift with your back & legs being careful as you get it nearly vertical to turn around and then ease it down onto the KS. Had to do this once 3 weeks after I got the bike 8 years ago. Probably couldn't do it now. If she drops on the KS side, I imagine the same procedure will work enough to get it near but not vertical enough to get the KS down. If not, make a new friend fast, to help you.

Mrjo1340 07-23-2019 05:34 PM

I saw a couple of YouTube videos where this girl no more than a hundred pounds picks up an ultra glide using the same technique.

Xerothermic 07-23-2019 11:05 PM

I tipped a tractor over once but never a motorcycle. :serious:

VTXArizona 07-23-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saeed_VTX (Post 4601850)
Today was my day to forget to let the kickstand down and put the bike down. Fortunately the engine guard protected the bike. No damage. On the positive side I practiced picking up the bike.

if nobody else saw it and the bike was down for less that 11 seconds and without damage to the bike it actually never happened. must have been a daydream, case over. 8)