Crotch Cooler - Heat Shield - Page 2 - VTXOA
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
Thanks.

I have seen other form software that will actually scale linked images (my zx12 form does this) by automatically making thumbnails, where the user has to actually click on the image to get the full size. This is on a forum that hasn't had a major upgrade in at least 5 years.

The main benefit to having the forum manage the scaling is, it allows those interested in seeing the high resolution picture the benefit of being able to, while keeping the initial loading image small for lower bandwidth users. If I resize (lower the resolution and/or resize) I then will limit those who actually want to see the details. I know I have often wanted to see better pictures of other's posts.

Maybe we can ask the admins if they can see if this option is available in the current forum software, and if it is there, perhaps they my consider turning it on.

Creating a thumbnail of the image certainly would accomplish this. Technically the feature is there and is implemented in that one can attach an actual image to post as opposed to linking it, but you are correct in that the feature isn't implemented exactly as you describe. I agree that it would be a nice feature as I often wish for greater detail in some images, while not caring for more detail other times.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 01:21 PM

Garage
Thanks for the quick write-up and great pictures, JPT, very appreciated.
I have been thinking of solutions to this heat problem for a while now but haven't made anything for my bike yet. Now that we are in the middle of our cool summer (only 100F so far this year), the engine heat sure is noticeable.

I am now looking at Cpt Itch's designs and probably pulling the trigger today. Hoping to keep my ... um ... self ... running a little cooler.

Thanks again!

VTX 1800C
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 03:01 PM
Old Goat

Looks like Iím in the minority about image size (thats cool)...still see no reason to post friggin murals ..unless on rides and trips....I got a ride in today so its all good.... .....excuse me its beerthirty....
DrDolittle likes this.

Phil...(71)ĒNobody told me I die at the endĒ
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 07:15 AM

Thanks for posting the review and the pics. I have posted this item a couple times and have been seriously thinking about it, but being in Canada, the shipping costs and exchange make it more expensive. I was most hesitant because I hadnít seen pics of it on an X. I think Iím going to get one.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...4-img-1373.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 11:43 AM

Friend of mine has one of those on his Fat Boy. Says it is a life saver.

2006 Black/Silver 1800R2, V&H Big Shots, Kury ISO grips, Ultimate Big Boy, Peaceful Cruisin' Bib,
Tsukatu leather covered hard bags, Hondaline windshield, 3" Headlight Extension, Progressive springs and 440HD shocks, Stebel
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Your bike looks great JPT, and the cooler blends in so well it looks like part of the seat. I think it was my post you saw that recommended them to Mowoc as a possible solution to his heat issue. I'm glad it worked out for you!

If you open your images in Microsoft Paint and reduce them in size (to 40% on average) they'll go from being MBs in size to tens of KBs. The dimensions to file size is not proportional so reducing them to 30 or 40% results in a drastically smaller filesize but the pictures are still plenty large enough for a forum. Then upload them and they will not take as long to load for those of us on slower connections.

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:35 PM

Saw a Harley 1200 Sportster while out riding this morning, noticed the "Crotch cooler" on it since now i know what they are.
The owner, a chick, or should i say young lady around 30.... had the "cooler" hanging over what would be our "side covers". She said it was covering the OIL tank which she said gets super-hot and burns like hell on the leg/thigh. She said "she loved" the cover and talked about expensive it was.

The name "Crotch cooler" never came up
Curt E likes this.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...0-img-0531.jpg
2007 VTX 1300R Pearl Challenger Brown (aka Titanium)
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:26 AM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXArizona View Post

The name "Crotch cooler" never came up
If it had wonder what would have been “PC”.......
VTXArizona likes this.

Phil...(71)ĒNobody told me I die at the endĒ
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 12:51 PM

Garage
Got my crotch cooler on Saturday (they made it in 1 day and shipped it fast, very pleasantly surprised).
Installed it but haven't ridden yet (busy weekend and hot weather).

Question for those who installed theirs under the stock seats:
did you have to modify the crotch cooler in any way to make the thick leather fit between the seat and the frame?
Curt E likes this.

VTX 1800C
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 02:10 PM

I ordered mine Saturday and got the shipping notification yesterday. Today it arrived at my US shipping address. Guess Iíll make a run down tomorrow.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...4-img-1373.jpg
Curt E likes this.

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page