Crotch Cooler - Heat Shield - Page 3 - VTXOA
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_VTX View Post
Got my crotch cooler on Saturday (they made it in 1 day and shipped it fast, very pleasantly surprised).
Installed it but haven't ridden yet (busy weekend and hot weather).

Question for those who installed theirs under the stock seats:
did you have to modify the crotch cooler in any way to make the thick leather fit between the seat and the frame?
Aftermarket seats have more wiggle room under the tank, so mine fit perfectly with my Ultimate Big Boy seat. Iíd imagine that it would be a hard fit with the stock seat. Sorry, I canít help you. I have 2 aftermarket seats (solo Ultimate, and a dual Corbin for 2 up rides), both have the wiggle room up front.

The stock seat isnít going back on, until the day I need to take pictures to sell the bike...

2009 VTX1300R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtox View Post
Your bike looks great JPT, and the cooler blends in so well it looks like part of the seat. I think it was my post you saw that recommended them to Mowoc as a possible solution to his heat issue. I'm glad it worked out for you!
It does work really well. And I do love the look. I do have to reach under to gain access to my ignition (it also hides it, a security bonus), and my battery tender lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtox View Post
If you open your images in Microsoft Paint and reduce them in size (to 40% on average) they'll go from being MBs in size to tens of KBs. The dimensions to file size is not proportional so reducing them to 30 or 40% results in a drastically smaller filesize but the pictures are still plenty large enough for a forum. Then upload them and they will not take as long to load for those of us on slower connections.
Thanks. I typically do not post tons of pictures in a single thread, unless it is a review. To me, the full size and resolution of the images adds a much needed verbal description of what I am showing. This is very helpful to those who arenít around other VTXís, and really want to be able to see how it would look. I promise not to drop a ton of pictures in threads I didnít start, but I think the added benefit to full size outweighs the added minute or so of load time.

It would be awesome if this forum had auto thumbnails for linked images.

2009 VTX1300R
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
Thanks. I typically do not post tons of pictures in a single thread, unless it is a review. To me, the full size and resolution of the images adds a much needed verbal description of what I am showing. This is very helpful to those who arenít around other VTXís, and really want to be able to see how it would look. I promise not to drop a ton of pictures in threads I didnít start, but I think the added benefit to full size outweighs the added minute or so of load time.

It would be awesome if this forum had auto thumbnails for linked images.

I have to experiment with just how much to crop the images in Paint. For instance sig pics have to be smaller. Thumbnails are ok but generally even when clicked on they don't get a big as pics hosted on a picture server somewhere. I use postimage.org and do like putting up pictures that show up on the forum as an actual picture as opposed to a thumbnail. But as I said it takes some experimentation to get them the right size to avoid scrollbars and causing people download lagging.

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:39 PM

I picked mine up today, fits great and looks good. Raining right now, but is supposed to clear for my group ride tonight. Canít wait to try it out.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...4-img-1373.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy71 View Post
I picked mine up today, fits great and looks good. Raining right now, but is supposed to clear for my group ride tonight. Can’t wait to try it out.

Welcome to the cooler crotch club!!
Curt E and smurfy71 like this.

2009 VTX1300R
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
Here is a thumbnail version of the image, if you click it you will get the full size:

2009 VTX1300R

Last edited by JPT; 07-30-2019 at 04:01 PM.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 04:00 PM

Garage
You guys are killing me.... now I want one!!!
Curt E likes this.

2005 - VTX 1800F - Silver
2008 - Shadow Aero 750
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 10:19 PM

Pull the trigger.

Just got home from my ride. I like it, I might love it. It looks great and no more hot leg. It is a quality product.

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy71 View Post
Pull the trigger.

Just got home from my ride. I like it, I might love it. It looks great and no more hot leg. It is a quality product.

x2.

I rode home from work yesterday. It was 90* out, although I was in the HOV lane, I did have to get to the highway and there were a few stops on my 40 miles home. It makes a HUGE difference in inner right leg temps.

Aside from the occasional high speed wind causing it to flap up and touch my leg, the only tell it is there is the reduced temps on my leg.

2009 VTX1300R
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
Looks like I’m in the minority about image size (thats cool)...still see no reason to post friggin murals ..unless on rides and trips....I got a ride in today so its all good.... .....excuse me its beerthirty....
I have changed all the images to clickable thumbnails using imgur's way of doing it. It would be nice if the forum was able to automatically do it...

Does the first page of this thread load faster for you now?

Thanks

2009 VTX1300R

Last edited by JPT; 07-31-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page