Riding with a cigarette? - Page 2 - VTXOA
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

A buddy of mine who smokes actually has a lanyard with a vape. Now that makes sense.
But to have a cigarette which will likely blow Sparks on yourself, and if you have a beard oh boy!
if you really think you're cool, how about trying to eat a meatball sandwich while riding? You'll get my full respect if you do that successfully 😅🤣
Lou_VTX likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Travis View Post
Same reason that people smoke after sex except that is at the end of the pleasure instead of the beginning pleasure of a bike ride.

I am an ex smoker but can relate.

I have a beard and never got burned or holes in my clothes from sparks for all of the years that I did smoke while riding. I had also put a cigarette lighter on my bikes so I did not have to stop to smoke.

I smoked for lots of years before quitting about 3 years ago. I don't condone smoking but I don't criticize those that do. I am not a born again anti smoker like some people get after the quit a bad habit.
To each's own.

Like RScottie stated in post #4.

Peace !

Justa_Poser, RBS, pushrod and 3 others like this.

2002 1800C ILLUSION BLUE Bought new 1st one sold in WI. - Cobra angle slash cuts - Cobra FI2000 - Memphis Fats 21" - Hondaline 24L bags with Easy Brackets - Corbin Gunfighter and a lot more.....

. ====>> KEEP IT VERTICAL <<====
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 07:21 PM

I smoked my last cigar in 2016 but when I did smoke it wasn't out of habit, or to be cool, it was just for my personal enjoyment. I might have smoked a cigar on the back patio to relax after a stressful week at work, or had a smoke with a friend in the garage over a game of checkers. When I did smoke while riding my bike I found it to be an enjoyable experience. I liked the fragrance of a sweet Acid cigar, or the aroma of a hand rolled English walnut flavored smoke while rolling down the road. I've always had a beard and never burned my beard or my clothes or the seat on my bike. I never smoked in the house or in my vehicle, but on the bike was ideal. At most, I may have smoked a dozen or maybe twenty cigars in a year. Had I been a chain smoker I'm sure I wouldn't have found it so enjoyable. None the less, I decided that it was something I didn't need to be doing and quit.
rangers4u likes this.

2003 VTX 1800R

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 12:04 AM

I smoked for 47 years, quit august 31 last year. I smoked on my bikes, windshield or not. I did burn lots of gloves in the wintertime. Never burned my beard tho. I smoked because I didn't think I could quit. I felt like I needed to smoke. I guess the stars were aligned properly because I quit cold turkey , carried a full pack for two weeks then gave them away. They stink now probably would taste worse but I sometimes want to light one up ,,,especially when I get on my bike.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 05:10 AM

I'm amazed that those with beards have smoked while riding or was it a one week growth type beard. A couple of blokes in the cruiser club I ride with light up as we are ready to ride away but they are puberty deniers (smooth faces). Surely there is enough time in life to get a smoke in before you ride away. Does anyone remember those gee hickeys they used to advertise in "Easyrider" magazine that you could supposedly put a joint or smoke in and "smoke at 65mph"?
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Old Goat

Back in the day I had a similar problem when folks would light up while going for a ride in my fast boat(doobie was different story)...damn cig looked like a dynamite fuse at 50 mph..Ive never been a cig smoker...but enjoy the occasional cigar(not while riding)...and I never ,ever inhaled(ask Clinton) .
rangers4u, lofty and Curt E like this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..

Last edited by TennX; 08-02-2019 at 11:15 AM.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:11 AM

It's all a matter of priorities.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:12 AM

Death wish maybe.??????...If you don't get creamed by a bus, smoking will definitely kill you.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 12:33 PM

I smoked for 30 + years and I never lit up a cig while riding my bikes. I always lit one up when we stopped for gas or drinks. Well its been 15 years now since I laid them down and don't miss them one bit. It also doesn't bother me when someone lights one up. I don't tell people to quit as its a bad habit as I hope the 30 + years of smoking doesn't come back to kill me. What really disturbs me when I check into a motel room that is suppose to be smoke free and I can smell the smoke in the carpet or drapes right off. You can really taste and smell things that I didn't notice when I did smoke.
TennX and rangers4u like this.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:24 AM

I'm a non smoker. The money I saved not taking up smoking at a young age was money I was able to use to buy motorcycles, parts, oil, fuel and insurance. When someone starts smoking at a young age and can't quit, they take on big expense thru out there lifetime that run up into the thousands of $.
rangers4u likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page