VTX-Treme Risers for 6 Deg Triple Tree VTX18C Reg. 129.00 Now 30.00 Click Here
Backrest Mount Bracket VTX13R Reg. 119.95 Now 40.00 Click Here
Travelcade Tank Chap VTX1800 Was 39.95 Now 15.00 Click Here
Thunder Jet Kit VTX 1300 Was $65.00 Now $20.00 Click Here
Baron Custom Xtreme Handlebar VTX 1800 Was 293.00 Now 80.00 Click Here
Cruiser Performance Fatty Drag Bars VTX13R/18CRS Was 99.92 Now 30.00 Click Here
Jardine Billet Lightbar VTX13R Was 306.53 Now $50.00 Click Here
Mustang Fender Studded Bib VTX18N Was 35.00 Now 14.00 Click Here
Arlen Ness Battistinis Front Foot Pegs VTX1300C Reg. 149.95 Now $30.00 Click Here
National Cycle Light Tint Windshield VTX13R/C Reg. 300.55 Now 80.00 Click Here
National Cycle Saddlebag Mounting Kit Black VTX18C Reg. 98.95 Now 30.00 Click Here
Saddlemen Passenger Pillion Black Plain VTX18C Reg. 136.67 Now 25.00 Click Here
All Kewl Metal Parts for VTX now 80% Off Click Here
Jardine California Floorboards VTX13/18R Reg. 239.77 Now 40.00Click Here
Xtreme Revolution Strut Kit VTX1800 Reg. 269.00 Now 30.00 Click Here
Kewl Metal Tool Bag Mount VTX8C/R Reg. 98.95 Now 20.00 Click Here
Kewl Metal Lower Fork Adapter 2" Extension VTX1300 Reg. 229.95 Now 30.00 Click Here
HAC Saddlebag Guard VTX13/18R Reg. 104.95 Special 20.00 Click Here
HAC Chrome Radiator Trim VTX1800 Reg. 221.98 Special 30.00 Click Here
HAC Large Chrome Rack VTX1800C Reg. 169.99 Special 30.00 Click Here
Cobra Swept Design Spark Plug covers VTX 1800 Reg. 170.99 Now 30.00 Click Here
Cobra Swing Arm Cover VTX1300RS Reg. 44.96 Special 15.00 Click Here
Cobra Front Caliper Caps Fluted VTX18R Reg. 69.99 Special 20.00 Click Here

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
They were screaming deals. I was looking back at them while I was hunting for my original receipt from DLP. I found it - from almost three years ago.

I guess life has a way of getting in the way. The original price was $99, not $50. I actually had an interchange with DLP about this where they missed shipping it. I wasn't sure if they would or not but they assured me they had it and would send it.

No matter who is at fault, this manifold is pretty dangerous. It looks like it is held together with bailing wire. Worse, the brakes wouldn't work with it. The manifold itself is not linked. There is no crossover valve to allow fluid to go from one port to another.

Maybe spiegler was smart to run away from this - whoever put this in the package could kill someone.
This is why I told you earlier that Spiegler Germany is different. The linked brake system with the OEM PCV stays intact.

https://fabian-spiegler.de/stahlflex...ler_model=9335

brothers in arms:
2003 VTX 1800C (new)
2002 HD FLSTF since 07/2008

" Today you raised more questions than giving answers "

Last edited by fastspek; 08-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I called spiegler to order a custom hose - I have the aeromach risers and the hose inside the kit didn't work. That led to a discussion on how to install some things. I had no idea I had the wrong manifold until the tech on the phone started describing connections I had never seen.

I never said I wanted them to do anything other than acknowledge they had a hand in this. If they don't fine, but I am uncomfortable dealing with a company that denies culpability for something clearly they had a hand in. For this to be completely outside the scope of their responsibility DLP would have had to open the package, replace the manifold, reseal the whole thing in spiegler packaging and knowingly send it out defective. Now maybe you think they are devious enough to do that - I don't. Not because I like them, but because its stupid. They could have just canceled the order and said they didn't have any more. It was a $25 inventory blow out special.

I am disappointed that I got charged full bore for the manifolds, but I paid it. I am more concerned that they will deny anything else that might go wrong - whats to stop them from saying the line was tampered with if it splits during use? It could have happened because DLP did something after it left their factory. If they think their dealers are that shady or have such poor business practices why use them? It sure does damage their brand for something that in all likelihood someone would buy from someone else anyway. Still, maybe you are correct. maybe DLP put this manifold in the package and sold it. I am certainly not going to say they did not have a hand in this as well. And of course I likely won't do business with them in the future just as a precaution.

The only point of this thread was to let people know I had found some shady things with Spiegler. Do with that what you will. Ignore it, mock it, or take it as useful. It doesn't matter to me at all. If one other person reads this and it saves them the headache I am going through then its worth it. at a minimum they should understand what should come in the package - had I known I might have been able to fix it with DLP when I bought it (maybe..).
Well, it's weird.
I wouldn't say DLP is a shady business. What I'm trying to say is this:
Maybe a "nice" customer returned it that way (replaced/removed parts and resealed package) to DLP years ago. They didn' t check it, because package looked sealed and they just put it on the shelf and it stayed there until the inventory clearance.
I have seen desktop computers in their sealed factory package and the most expensive, but interchangeable parts (CPU, hard drive, memory or graphics card) were missing or replaced with cheaper one (sometimes with parts from other manufacturer). Factories make mistakes, but 2,3 or more within one product?
Or microwave owen with pizza and a big mess inside in sealed package...

VTX 1800/280

Last edited by ervin260; 08-05-2019 at 05:37 PM.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

weird is a good way to describe this situation.

Live and learn I suppose. I just won't do business with either entity. Someone screwed up pretty bad either through negligence or else through intent. There are plenty of other options for parts out there that are just as good.

I still need to finish putting this together though, and I need to make sure all the parts fit.

I will update the tech thread I have on this as it progresses - hopefully someone can learn about this from my experience.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
weird is a good way to describe this situation.

Live and learn I suppose. I just won't do business with either entity. Someone screwed up pretty bad either through negligence or else through intent. There are plenty of other options for parts out there that are just as good.
People make mistakes. You bought something dirt cheap and that was O. K. You have problem with the product, but you didn't contact the seller (DLP) and give them a chance to make it right, just bad mouthing them.
So, what did you learn exactly?

VTX 1800/280
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:56 AM

Reminds me of a guy that called me at home 20 years after I rebuilt his engine wanting to know what camshaft I put in it . I just couldn't remember . he was a bit irate . eo
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:17 AM

Garage
Your problem is with DLP. Yes, they can be shady. Be very aware of anything they have drastically marked down for close out. Odds are it was a returned item that someone may have tampered with.

I bought a set of Bubs pipes from them on closeout at a great price, while they were unavailable from anyplace else. Got the pipes and yes they were actual Bubs, but were partially assembled and had a small dent. It was obvious the packaging was resealed. There was no sense in sending them back because the manufacturer was no longer around and it was a miracle there were any of these pipes left anywhere. Still rolling with the dented pipe. Good thing is you would have to get on the ground to see i

Also, most anytime you buy direct from the manufacturer they are going to charge you full MSRP, so you will pay more than buying from a retailer. This seems to be true for most every MC part company and retailer out there, just the way it is.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

Last edited by Capt. Rory; 08-06-2019 at 10:20 AM.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

I see yall are missing the single point that it was original factory sealed stuff.

Someone would have had to have been malicious to actually repackage it in factory packaging. No one can explain that, and spiegler was pretty shady when I pointed it out. They also agreed it was their packaging. So unless i am lying and it was open someone opened the package, stole from it, resealed it like factory and shipped it out.

I agree, it could totally be just DLP screwing around. Had spiegler not been so shady on the phone when I pointed all that stuff out I would probably just blame DLP and move on. But they were shady. They disavowed any possible connection and essentially told me i was mistaken for telling them it was in the original packaging. When I mentioned I would share that experience they told me they sue for slander so watch out.

The whole point of this was to share an experience. Not complain or look for people to tell me they agree/disagree. If you didn't have that experience, that is great! If you think this is out of character that is also valuable. I have seen a ton of threads where someone called in, got a grumpy person, and mentioned it only to hear that is unusual. I have had that experience myself with Tsukayu - i saw some negative stuff but my experience was great.

Was your experience like this if you put on a spiegler kit? If not, perhaps sharing that might help others understand if this was just a weird one off situation or if it is more the norm.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Garage
Sorry, but your middle package was resealed possibly several times from the amount of staple holes in it. Looks like all are missing staples. DLP burned you.

ervin260 likes this.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

Last edited by Capt. Rory; 08-06-2019 at 12:17 PM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Rory View Post
Sorry, but your middle package was resealed possibly several times from the amount of staple holes in it. Looks like all are missing staples. DLP burned you.

Good eyes! I totally understand Spiegler, but not so much the OP. So easy to mess with that kind of original packaging. Spiegler doesn't know the exact circumstances of the deal, so why would they eat up the extra cost (the difference between original price and sale price, what the buyer didn't have to pay)?
BTW, I'm not affiliatad with Spiegler in any way and I'm not sure, if I have anything from them. I didn't buy their SS brake line set, because seemed to spendy and due to the modifications on my bikes few or many of their lines in the kit wouldn't fit. So I bought lines by the lenght and some fittings from autopart stores and from online retailers and built my "own kit".

VTX 1800/280

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page