6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:11 AM

Garage
I like a padded fingerless glove.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 09:21 AM

I have a pair of Bobsters, too, that I like pretty well. The thing I donít like is I find it a little difficult to really clean them good because of the foam around them.
smurfy71 likes this.

2003 VTX 1300S
Member Team Drew
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 11:01 AM

Gloves/helmet/goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtovtx View Post
I have a pair of Bobsters, too, that I like pretty well. The thing I donít like is I find it a little difficult to really clean them good because of the foam around them.

Hereís a secret, dish soap and hot water. Iíve been cleaning all my glasses this way for 20 years. Rinse with hot water, put some dish soap on you fingers (liquid hand soap works too) spread it around with your fingertips. Get it everywhere, lenses, frames, nose pieces, everywhere. Rinse under hot water again, shake off excess water and then I blow any beads of water off the lenses.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...4-img-1373.jpg
Jim Travis and Newtovtx like this.

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=smurfy71;4606430]Hereís a secret, dish soap and hot water. Iíve been cleaning all my glasses this way for 20 years. Rinse with hot water, put some dish soap on you fingers (liquid hand soap works too) spread it around with your fingertips. Get it everywhere, lenses, frames, nose pieces, everywhere. Rinse under hot water again, shake off excess water and then I blow any beads of water off the lenses.

Yup, I have been doing it that way for years with my glasses. I always rinse first and if any water drops remain I will only blot not wipe them dry to avoid scratching.
Newtovtx likes this.

2002 1800C ILLUSION BLUE - Cobra angle slash cuts - Cobra FI2000 - Memphis Fats 21" - Hondaline 24L bags with Easy Brackets - Corbin Gunfighter and a lot more.....

. ====>> KEEP IT VERTICAL <<====
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:56 PM

Garage
Bought my gloves locally. What to get and how they fit depends on you, really.

As for goggles, I picked up a set of these the other day and they work really well.

Comfortable, not overly big and as long as you're moving, they'll stay fog free. I rode all day with no windshield on my bike and it was great! You're still going to get beat up by the wind, though. That's unavoidable, without a windshield.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!"

-Mike Tyson
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Happen to see these at the eyedoctor's. They fit over prescription eyeglasses, don't look big, and they cover more around your eyes. For those who wear 1/2 or 3/4 helmets without a shield they might be just the ticket. I tried a pair on over my glasses and they felt fine. But I wear a full face these days and so I don't need them.

https://cocoonseyewear.com/shop/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cocoonsEyewear.jpg (39.7 KB, 2 views)

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

I have had my 1/2 face Sena helmet for appox a week now. It is the Lite Cavalry. Really like the fit. However, when listening to music, there is nothing but treble. My wifes will be in on wednesday so looking forward to seeing how well the intercom works. The riding with tunes would have been a good bonus but that wasnt the intent. The other issue with it is the ear "pads" that you can put in and take out do not stay in well after you take the helmet off. I believe there are some hacks that people have come up with for that issue as well but again, not a deal breaker.
Been checking on the Bobster goggles so it is good to hear those being discussed here. I also have some safety glasses with the yellow lenses that have the foam. I do like that for work as it does help keep the dust from entering easily. Figured it would be good for riding.
Did order some Highway 21 gloves which I will get wednesday. I will review after I get them and use them. They are full gloves and will prob get a set of fingerless as well. Bonus on them is they are a local company so hopefully they live up to the expectations.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prtmkr2010 View Post
I have had my 1/2 face Sena helmet for appox a week now. It is the Lite Cavalry. Really like the fit. However, when listening to music, there is nothing but treble. My wifes will be in on wednesday so looking forward to seeing how well the intercom works. The riding with tunes would have been a good bonus but that wasnt the intent. The other issue with it is the ear "pads" that you can put in and take out do not stay in well after you take the helmet off. I believe there are some hacks that people have come up with for that issue as well but again, not a deal breaker.
I have the Calvary as well. I love the helmet and it really does work riding at near highway speeds. We used it this past weekend to talk and a couple times I had to raise my voice more than normal.

As for the ear pads, my set broke and they shipped me a replacement set that weren't nearly as thick. They stay a lot better but I miss the thicker ones.

2005 - VTX 1800F - Silver
2008 - Shadow Aero 750
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Crawdaddy
Gloves

I've gone through lots of gloves and right now here is where I'm at. I've seen guys go down, even low speed, and hands are very easy to mess up. Fingers break or get really bad road rash. So now I always wear full finger and always carry an extra pair. If it's hot I wear Held or Icon brand, but there's lot of nice hot weather gloves like Speed and Strength and others. Comfortable and cool in hot weather with good slide protection and kinda water proof are what I look for. My recent purchase is Rukka Imatra Gore-Tex. Too heavy for summer riding, but I use these fall, winter, spring and in the summer they are my backup. Awesome gloves, water proof, easy to get on and off. Lets out heat in hot weather and keeps it in during cold days. I've ridden in 45-50 degree weather (no fairing or batwing) and hands did not get cold. Unless it's a hot weather summer glove, I will not buy gloves that are not waterproof. I have some bad experiences in rain in cool / cold weather. One time my hand was frozen and after getting gas could not get the glove back on. Rode the last 1.5 hours in rain and evening time, very cold wind chill, in my summer gloves to get to my destination. Hands were frozen when I got there (along with my feet - waterproof boots also failed me).
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 02:05 PM

Garage
Anyone done this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cheap gloves.JPG (134.4 KB, 13 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page