Gloves/helmet/goggles - VTXOA
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Gloves/helmet/goggles

So, bought a half face Sena to ride with. Wear a pair of safety glasses from work with it but would like to get some goggles. My old man had a leather jacket he I sending me cause he doesnt need two, so now I am looking at some gloves. Range of price is pretty large. Not out to start debates about which brand or styles are better, but those who did or have done some research and bought gloves or riding goggles, what you get? Remember what cost was, glad you got them or regrets? I did do a glove search on the forum but nothing really popped out that I noticed to answer these questions. Mods, if this is wrong area or the 100th time these questions have been asked please delete. O just didnt see previous posts.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 07:43 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Go to many motorcycle shops and try them all on and buy what feels nice on your hands and face. This is almost like asking a group to tell you what flavor ice cream you should like best. Eye protection for me, is not goggles as they get your eyes hot and sweaty and they fog up. Oakley eyewear is my choice of protection for over 30 years. I have over 2 dozen different pairs of Oakley's. Their customer service is second to none. When I have had them break, which is rare, I sent them back and within a few days I have gotten new frames back. They are also tested and OSHA approved for safety glasses meaning rocks will not break through them, yes they are worth the money. I use their M-Frame and Radar styles as they wrap around and protect all of the eye
rangers4u likes this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Spike! Yes, while I agree that Oakleys are the best hands down (I have worn exclusively since I was in the 7th grade) during that time when they were first coming out. Had so many types of blades/razor blades etc. Literally just got done buying a new pair of Flak 2.Os. The problem is that they are $200.00. I am just asking if someone were to come on and say they had a pair of "XX" that they really liked and they were 50.00. That type of thing. I agree that going to go to a shop and try a bunch of things on would be the perfect way, however, there are a bunch of brands and styles that a guy could get online that maybe he couldn't at the brick and mortar. Just wanted to start a conversation so no biggy.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

There are many different brands of gloves out there. I've used the Olympia brand most of any. Moderately priced but every pair I've owned has been quality made and lasted me years. But like Spike advised, you should go to a shop and try some on.

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:10 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

My eye's are worth $200, I'll always wear Oakley's no matter what I'm doing every day of the week

AMA Life Member 721314
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 08:53 AM

Oakley's are my go to for almost all eyewear, almost. I wear prescription glasses, Oakley's. I wear Oakley Flakjacket XL's for sunglasses. However, I have not found an Oakley product for the bike. I find too much wind gets behind them and causes my "dry eye" to water too much and then I can't see. I have experimented with a few different types and have settled on a pair of Bobster glasses to have RX lenses put in for riding. I'm having transition lenses put in for day and night riding. They have foam around the frame to reduce the wind getting behind them.

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 09:30 AM

Garage
I've got a big head and have had a terrible time finding sunglasses I like. I emailed Bobster and they suggested a few different lines and I ended up getting the Spektrax. They're not super expensive and have replaceable lenes. They've worked well for me so far.

2005 - VTX 1800F - Silver
2008 - Shadow Aero 750
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 09:55 AM

This is what I bought, has a dark drop down lens inside. Honestly havent rode enough to give proper feedback but they are rated high. What do you guys carry along to get the bug juice off without scratching anything?
https://m.fortnine.ca/media/catalog/...e-black-xs.jpg

2007 VTX 1800 F2. Giving it some Love.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 11:14 AM
Old Goat

I like tourmaster fingerless gloves down to about 48...Wally World RX wraparound safety sunglasses..and I bought a drop down half shield for my fulmer trooper helmet....I also bought one for my brother ...we like them...good luck on your choice

Phil...(71)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 PM

fingerless gloves...many kinds to choose from and these type of googles

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gray-Motorc...YAAOSwJ3dc8VFx

the fold-able ones really hug your face and helps keep dust out.
been wearing this type for years
DrDolittle likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page